Nvidia Pulls GPU Overheating 196.75 Driver

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdR

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Hello, its me again :( i tried 196.34 and 195.62 but still the same bad result, so i'll use Rivatuner till they release the fix.

What am i suppose to do with Rivatuner ? the only thing i found is located at power user : - Rivatuner,Nvidiafan with allow binary fanspeed control and min fanspeed limit.
Or - Rivatuner,Nvidiafan Current Device with the other menu.
But i dont want to make mistakes. Thanks

Driver settings on the main tab, click on customize then click the first icon which is system settings that will bring up the system tweaks page the second tab of which is the fan control page.

mtdR

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I puted my fanspeed at 80% with auto lauch at windows start, i tried to play but that didnt change anything even with a reboot, i was still between 1800/2200 RPM and my computer crashed again on left4dead2.

Thanks anyway mousemonkey for your support.

mtdR

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
well i used this guide : http://rivatuner.doomdealer.com/ -> fan control/fan profile when i save the differents steps 40% 60% 80% 100%
On his video(guide) when he put 100%, his green graph reference fan duty cycle % show 100% but for me its totally the inverse, when i put 100% i have 0, when i put 25% i have 75% rotate fan speed.
Thats the bug of 196.75 driver **** nvdia...
I don't know what to do i'm lost into an ocean of unluckyness.

Actually that's more of a bug with Rivatuner because my 9500GT does the same regardless of driver version.

joaocrazy

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
i have problems even with a 2007 nvidia driver version so the only solution i found is when i need graphics i use EVGA Precision 85% funspeed. when im not i just dont clock fun speed
i think thats what the driver should do

XFX GeForce 8800GTX

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Tedders[/nom]Looks like NVIDIA is taking a cue from ATI's past years when it comes to driver quality...[/citation]

ATI's Drivers never fried any cards but they had a bad fan speed profile(only causing the cards to be noisy)& let's not forget the epic catalyst 9.2 release , which allowed ATI users to freely set the fanspeed.In the drivers section, I think ATI is way better than Nvidia

G

Yep, Asus 8800GT 1GB card. Screen started freezing every so often... then on Sunday I smelt something burning. Graphics card was rather hot.

Tried it yesterday with case open, watching ready to turn it off and the fan just moves slowly, speeds up, then slows to a stop and repeats. I don't think fans should be stopping entirely like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.