Nvidia's Cartoons Continue to Poke Fun at Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

For the time it took to come up with all these negative cartoons, you'd think they could figure out a DirectX 11 card by now...

Marcus,

Man I'm not trying to be a jerk. But I honestly have a difficult time reading things that have mistakes like this. I mean literally, I have to read the sentence a second time to make sure I'm even reading it correctly.

Intel has encountered regarded alleged anticompetitive activity.

"I can now imagine the day when Intel can no longer block consumers from enjoying our creation and experience computing in a way we know is possible," he wrote a memo.

Not content to leave it at just that...

^ This one is just confusing to read at first...

Anyhow, flame on. I expect I'll likely get some thumbs down for this one. But in such a tiny article, it's hard to deal with the ratio of errors.

warlordsagan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Maybe they could take some of that cartoon time and make some good bios updates for their older chipsets to make the computer stable, such as the 790i.

[citation][nom]MrChilly[/nom]For the time it took to come up with all these negative cartoons, you'd think they could figure out a DirectX 11 card by now...[/citation]
You took the words right out of my mouth. +1000

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Intel should just make a cartoon depicting all the employees in Nvidia's (clearly labeled somewhere) R&D division making cartoons with a big sign on the door saying "Fermi test lab."

pullmyfinger123

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Nvidia's graphics will start to look at these cartoons if they don't focus on ATI and instead churning out these cartoons faster than The New Yorker.

yrmoma

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]brockh[/nom]Intel should just make a cartoon depicting all the employees in Nvidia's (clearly labeled somewhere) R&D division making cartoons with a big sign on the door saying "Fermi test lab."[/citation]

Then Nvidia would come back with a cartoon about Larrabee.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

And then the world would realize Intel is primarily an x86 CPU company and Nvidia is primarily a cartoon company.

[citation][nom]pullmyfinger123[/nom]Nvidia's graphics will start to look at these cartoons if they don't focus on ATI and instead churning out these cartoons faster than The New Yorker.[/citation]
Would you care to restate that with understandable grammar?

kbarber29

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
This type of stuff use to be funny from Nvidia. Remember when they showed the list of all the companies they had purchased, including 3dfx. Now it's just getting old.

livin4noone

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]pullmyfinger123[/nom]Nvidia's graphics will start to look at these cartoons if they don't focus on ATI and instead churning out these cartoons faster than The New Yorker.[/citation]

[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]Would you care to restate that with understandable grammar?[/citation]

I'll do the honors, it was a fun little challenge to decipher it.

Translation:

"If Nvidia doesn't start to focus more on the fact that ATi is quickly surpassing them in the market, they will fall even further behind, making their graphics comparable to those of the cartoons on this page when compared with the new standards of quality that ATi will no doubt establish with the computer world if it continues at the pace it has risen to."

PepiX

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Quote: "I can now imagine the day when Intel can no longer block consumers from enjoying our creation and experience computing in a way we know is possible,"

Looser.. why didn't he think of the way they stopped AMDs superior cards being used as primary cards (and NVidia's cards used for physics' acceleration only...)

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]Would you care to restate that with understandable grammar?[/citation]

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

G

This whole situation confuses me. nVidia would have a problem with Intel because they perceive Larrabee as a threat to their own products. That makes sense. However, Larrabee's first retail run was canceled. It seems clear that Intel pulled the plug on Larrabee as a last resort to get the FTC to stand down this lawsuit, but even so, nVidia got the result that they wanted.

All of that aside, the fact remains that the only way to realize the full potential of an nVidia GPU is to plug it onto a motherboard with an Intel chipset and an Intel CPU.

Surely nVidia is not going to take AMD's side in all of this. Surely they aren't going to start producing hardware that is optimized for AMD motherboards and chipsets. Surely they aren't going to try to get into the CPU market.

There are only two scenarios under which it would make sense for nVidia to position themselves as Intel's political rival:

1) They are planning to buy (or be bought by) AMD.
2) They are planning to be bought by Apple.

Number 1 is obviously not the case. Number 2, however, seems feasible. Have you noticed how routinely nVidia executives love to heap praise upon all things Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.