May 16, 2020
Hello all,
I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 (rev. 1.0) with the F2 BIOS and I would like to have NVME support.

Firstly, if there are any already-made modded BIOS' out there could you share them with me please?
If not, I was hoping for some guidance on how to get into this myself. The only comprehensive guides I've seen so far are for Intel chipsets.
https://www.win-raid.com/t871f50-Gu...rt-for-all-Systems-with-an-AMI-UEFI-BIOS.html
At the moment, I'm looking at this one ^ but it's a tad daunting and pretty huge.
I'm not looking for someone to give me the sparknotes version (though if you did that'd be cool too), but I'd love any helpful advice/tricks/tips from anyone who's done this sort of thing before.

I'm looking to use a Seagate Firecuda 510 M.2 SSD as a boot drive through a Vantec PCIe x4 adapter.
The rest of my hardware is:
AMD FX9590 CPU
Kingston Savage DDR3-1866 (16GB) RAM
Zotac Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU
EVGA 850 G2 PSU

Solution
On a system that does not natively support booting from an NVMe drive, you will not see any magical performance benefit in trying to force it to do so.

A regular SATA III SSD will work, and be almost completely unnoticeable vs that NVMe.

As a secondary drive, get a PCIe adapter and put the NVMe drive in that. AS a secondary.

USAFRet

Titan
On a system that does not natively support booting from an NVMe drive, you will not see any magical performance benefit in trying to force it to do so.

A regular SATA III SSD will work, and be almost completely unnoticeable vs that NVMe.

As a secondary drive, get a PCIe adapter and put the NVMe drive in that. AS a secondary.

Reactions: mctrader07
Solution