Question NVME isn't showing in BIOS on Aorus B450 Elite after reinstalling it.

khaleddiv

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have an Aorus B450 Elite motherboard and an NVME that I forgot its brand name; anyway, it was working completely fine for the past ~year and a half until yesterday when I had to install another hard disk to work on it, so I removed the NVME to avoid any issues. Unfortunately, I caused a big one, now that I installed it again, it does not show anywhere on the BIOS, and I can't boot from it again. I tried the 2nd slot, and it does not indicate there either. I did not change any settings on the BIOS, so I really don't understand what is going on; it's not like I bent the NVME in half or something. I don't know what else to put in here, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask below, and thanks in advance for your time.

Edit N°01:
- I'm running Windows 11 on the NVME. I had Windows 10 before and upgraded straight to 11 without doing a fresh install.
- I do not have a GPU just an APU.
- No other drives are installed.

Last edited:
I have an Aorus B450 Elite motherboard and an NVME that I forgot its brand name;
I installed it again, it does not show anywhere on the BIOS, and I can't boot from it again. I tried the 2nd slot, and it does not indicate there either.
Find model name of your M.2 drive first.
For example, if your M.2 drive is sata, then you can not use it in lower slot in your motherboard.

You may not have installed it properly (bad contact) or
it may have just died.

khaleddiv

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018
Find model name of your M.2 drive first.
For example, if your M.2 drive is sata, then you can not use it in lower slot in your motherboard.

You may not have installed it properly (bad contact) or
it may have just died.

• I don't want to remove its heat sink, but I'll try to find the brand name somehow. Also, I'm pretty sure it's an NVME. iirc I used to have a 2gb/s transfer speed.
  • It is installed on the first slot, not the 2nd.
  • I'll try to install it again, though I've already tried like 3 or 4 times.
  • I don't see how it would die like this, I've been extra careful with it.