[SOLVED] Nvme not booting up my pc??

Apr 11, 2021
so, i have this one m.2 nvme which cause pc not booting up, it doesnt even show the option to boot up your bios

everytime i intall this nvme and turn the power on, its just black empty screen and shut down immediately after like 1 - 2 second, then i tried other nvme and it works perfectly fine

i've tried it on my other 2 laptop and had the same result, blank empty screen

any idea what happened to my nvme? is it dead?

*pardon for my bad english( its not my first language )

Solution
i cant, insert it to m.2 slot cause my pc not to boot up, i tried to boot to the windows creation tool but no luck

i plan to give it to one of my friend since his laptop doesnt has ssd on it
You tried multiple hosts. I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it has failed. Time to go in the electronics recycling bin.

kanewolf

Titan
so, i have this one m.2 nvme which cause pc not booting up, it doesnt even show the option to boot up your bios

everytime i intall this nvme and turn the power on, its just black empty screen and shut down immediately after like 1 - 2 second, then i tried other nvme and it works perfectly fine

i've tried it on my other 2 laptop and had the same result, blank empty screen

any idea what happened to my nvme? is it dead?

*pardon for my bad english( its not my first language )
We need more technical info.
Motherboard model?
Which slot(s) are you using?
SSD Model?

Apr 11, 2021
You may think is is an NVMe drive. I asked for the model to verify that. M.2 is a form factor. There are SATA and NVMe disks in that form factor.

im not sure( im not really good in tech stuffs ), but here some pics of it
mGdN9k.jpg
WM0b9T.jpg
of it

kanewolf

Titan
What I can find, based on the part number is that it is an NVMe drive. Model number is probably BC501.

Was this a new purchase? My guess is no, this looks like a used part.

Have you tried booting a Windows installer, and trying to install onto the drive?

Apr 11, 2021
What I can find, based on the part number is that it is an NVMe drive. Model number is probably BC501.

Was this a new purchase? My guess is no, this looks like a used part.

Have you tried booting a Windows installer, and trying to install onto the drive?

i tried to install windows on it, but it wont boot up my pc.

Apr 11, 2021
Moving a boot drive from one device to another has no guarantee of booting. Your best bet would be to follow the Clean OS install -- https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
and attempt to install Windows onto the drive. 128GB is very small for a Windows boot drive.

i cant, insert it to m.2 slot cause my pc not to boot up, i tried to boot to the windows creation tool but no luck

i plan to give it to one of my friend since his laptop doesnt has ssd on it

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
There is no discussion above on this point.

On SOME mobos, when you install an SSD module in an M2. type of slot, it DISables one of the standard SATA ports on the mobo because they share some resources. I cannot get a clear note about whether this applies ONLY to SATA-type M2. modules, or ALSO to any NVMe module in an M2. slot.

OP, the manual on your mobo does NOT say anthing about this, although most mobo manuals do. So this is a MAYBE thing for you. It is POSSIBLE that you have a SATA HDD connected to a mobo standard SATA port that is disabled whenever you install the SSD module in that M2. slot. IF that HDD is your normal boot drive, that would mean that the boot process cannot find a valid device to boot from (since it's on a disabled SATA port). IF that is the case, then you could get out of the problem by moving the smaller data cable from that HDD from the current SATA port to another one. BEFORE you do this, remove that NVMe module to avoid confusion. After the cable move you MIGHT have to go into BIOS Setup and tell it to look for the BOOT device at the new SATA port location. When you have the system capable of booting from the old HDD in the new connection point, then shut down and re-install the NVMEe module on the M2. slot. If that boots up cleanly, then you have things fixed, AND the NVMe module is NOT faulty.

Apr 11, 2021
There is no discussion above on this point.

On SOME mobos, when you install an SSD module in an M2. type of slot, it DISables one of the standard SATA ports on the mobo because they share some resources. I cannot get a clear note about whether this applies ONLY to SATA-type M2. modules, or ALSO to any NVMe module in an M2. slot.

OP, the manual on your mobo does NOT say anthing about this, although most mobo manuals do. So this is a MAYBE thing for you. It is POSSIBLE that you have a SATA HDD connected to a mobo standard SATA port that is disabled whenever you install the SSD module in that M2. slot. IF that HDD is your normal boot drive, that would mean that the boot process cannot find a valid device to boot from (since it's on a disabled SATA port). IF that is the case, then you could get out of the problem by moving the smaller data cable from that HDD from the current SATA port to another one. BEFORE you do this, remove that NVMe module to avoid confusion. After the cable move you MIGHT have to go into BIOS Setup and tell it to look for the BOOT device at the new SATA port location. When you have the system capable of booting from the old HDD in the new connection point, then shut down and re-install the NVMEe module on the M2. slot. If that boots up cleanly, then you have things fixed, AND the NVMe module is NOT faulty.

i just tried it, and unfortunately it doesnt work :(
i guess it broke, because everytime i install on my pc and boot it up, it like turn on for like a second and off immediately.
then the pc cant boot up everytime i press the power button even though i've change back the nvme
it cant boot up untill i replug the motherboard cable back to the pc and it turn back normally

it also has the same result when i tried to install it on my laptop, it wont boot up and cause it not to boot up everytime i press the power button and get back to normal if i press the power button for like 10-15 sec. it also make my laptop charging light?? (the light which indicate when your laptop is fully charge or not) to lit up even though i plugged in the charger , not untill i press the power button for like 10-15 sec

Apr 11, 2021
i just tried it, and unfortunately it doesnt work :(
i guess it broke, because everytime i install on my pc and boot it up, it like turn on for like a second and off immediately.
then the pc cant boot up everytime i press the power button even though i've change back the nvme
it cant boot up untill i replug the motherboard cable back to the pc and it turn back normally

it also has the same result when i tried to install it on my laptop, it wont boot up and cause it not to boot up everytime i press the power button and get back to normal if i press the power button for like 10-15 sec. it also make my laptop charging light?? (the light which indicate when your laptop is fully charge or not) to lit up even though i plugged in the charger , not untill i press the power button for like 10-15 sec

*the charging light not to lit up : forgot to type "not"