[SOLVED] NVMe SSD Appears in MSI B450 BIOS but not in Windows

Apr 28, 2020
I have an NVMe SSD (XPG SX8200 Pro 1Tb) that appears in bios under M.2 Devices, but when I boot into windows I cannot find it under my PC in file explorer. I have an MSI B450 Tomahawk. Please help!

Solution
I'd look first for it Admin Tools/Computer Mngmt/Storage/ DIsk Management...

Some more details of what you are trying to accomplish would be helpful...

Do you intend to keep your current installation on your current drive, and just run an NVME drive as a separate drive?

Cloning from HDD/standard SSD to NVME is more complex, but there are a few checklists floating around, and, even then it can be hit and miss, often intimidating array of procedures.

I'd consider making USB WIn10 installation media from MS's Media Creation Tool , then simply disconnecting your current drive (be it SSD or HDD) , and contemplating a fresh install of OS and applications to the new NVME drive. Once happy that everything is fine/works with the new drive...
I'd look first for it Admin Tools/Computer Mngmt/Storage/ DIsk Management...

Some more details of what you are trying to accomplish would be helpful...

Do you intend to keep your current installation on your current drive, and just run an NVME drive as a separate drive?

Cloning from HDD/standard SSD to NVME is more complex, but there are a few checklists floating around, and, even then it can be hit and miss, often intimidating array of procedures.

I'd consider making USB WIn10 installation media from MS's Media Creation Tool , then simply disconnecting your current drive (be it SSD or HDD) , and contemplating a fresh install of OS and applications to the new NVME drive. Once happy that everything is fine/works with the new drive, you can extricate your assorted files /docs you'd like to keep from the original Windows drive, prior to quick formatting it to simply use it as a second storage drive.

Solution