CapsLuke

Honorable
Jan 7, 2017
So my pc recently started randomly crashing while gaming, sometimes it's a BSOD (one of the following: unexpected store exception, kernel inpage error, 0xc00021a, critical process died) but mainly i see errors (a lot of them) in the event viewer specifing the event ids listed in the title.
I can't remember wether it all started following a specific change i made or software i installed so i'm not sure if it is software or hardware related.

i have 3 nvme ssds, but when it all started i had 2.
my specs:
Asrock X570 Taichi
Ryzen 7 5800X
RTX 3080 10Gb
32gb DDR4 @3200 mhz (xmp)
1x sabrent rocket 4 500gb
1x sabrent rocket 4 1tb (possibly the faulty one)
1x wd black pcie 4.0 nvme 1tb (the new one)
1x wd blue 1tb hdd
1x kingston ssd 2.5'' 240 gb (linux dual boot)
1x corsair internal rgb and fan controller

things i tried
  • sfc /scannow
  • variuos chkdsk
  • dism.exe
  • checking health with crystal disk info (all ssds have 100% health with no s.m.a.r.t. errors)
  • reinstalling windows (11 pro)
  • updated to latest sabrent firmware
  • updated windows
  • reinstalled the videogames
  • change drive letter
  • swap ssd places
  • various reseatings
  • maxed my gpu fan speed to reduce temperature on below ssds
  • virus scan
  • driver reinstall
  • removed all usb external devices
i may have done more stuff but at the moment i don't remember.
the weird thing is that bsods and errors stop after i reseat the ssds, no matter which entry i put them into, but then after about two days they return and i can't finish a single match until i reseat them again, that way i'm free of errors for another two days, and i sincerely don't understand why is that.
the events always point to the 1tb sabrent rocket 4 ssd, but if i remove it completely it just eliminates the events 50,51,140, but it doesn't get rid of the bsods. everything on my pc is original, windows office etc and free of viruses.
I don't know why it started but i want my pc fixed cause i fell i'm going crazy now.
thanks in advance for your help.

So my pc recently started randomly crashing while gaming, sometimes it's a BSOD (one of the following: unexpected store exception, kernel inpage error, 0xc00021a, critical process died) but mainly i see errors (a lot of them) in the event viewer specifing the event ids listed in the title.
I can't remember wether it all started following a specific change i made or software i installed so i'm not sure if it is software or hardware related.

i have 3 nvme ssds, but when it all started i had 2.
my specs:
Asrock X570 Taichi
Ryzen 7 5800X
RTX 3080 10Gb
32gb DDR4 @3200 mhz (xmp)
1x sabrent rocket 4 500gb
1x sabrent rocket 4 1tb (possibly the faulty one)
1x wd black pcie 4.0 nvme 1tb (the new one)
1x wd blue 1tb hdd
1x kingston ssd 2.5'' 240 gb (linux dual boot)
1x corsair internal rgb and fan controller

things i tried
  • sfc /scannow
  • variuos chkdsk
  • dism.exe
  • checking health with crystal disk info (all ssds have 100% health with no s.m.a.r.t. errors)
  • reinstalling windows (11 pro)
  • updated to latest sabrent firmware
  • updated windows
  • reinstalled the videogames
  • change drive letter
  • swap ssd places
  • various reseatings
  • maxed my gpu fan speed to reduce temperature on below ssds
  • virus scan
  • driver reinstall
  • removed all usb external devices
i may have done more stuff but at the moment i don't remember.
the weird thing is that bsods and errors stop after i reseat the ssds, no matter which entry i put them into, but then after about two days they return and i can't finish a single match until i reseat them again, that way i'm free of errors for another two days, and i sincerely don't understand why is that.
the events always point to the 1tb sabrent rocket 4 ssd, but if i remove it completely it just eliminates the events 50,51,140, but it doesn't get rid of the bsods. everything on my pc is original, windows office etc and free of viruses.
I don't know why it started but i want my pc fixed cause i fell i'm going crazy now.
thanks in advance for your help.
Start making it smaller find out what it's not.

CapsLuke

Honorable
Jan 7, 2017
So I MAY have resolved the issue.
I basically did 2 things: unplugged all my sata drives (I have 3 nvmes, 1 sata ssd and 1 hdd) leaving only my nvmes, then I installed the chipset drivers provided by the motherboard manufacturer site (asrock), replacing the ones I installed (even though the ones I had were the most recent and the asrock's not) from the official AMD site. Since then no more bsods ore freezes happened.
I don't think that chipset drivers were the cause of this, so I'm pointing my fingers tho one of my sata drives, but I'm too scared to plug them in back to figure out which one, and I'm not updating drivers too now that i have a stable system.