Question NVME SSD in MSI B360M Bazooka

Feb 11, 2020
Hi,
Im planning to buy some NVME SSD for my MSI B360M Bazooka (not the Plus one). But my concern is that the m2 slot is right under the PCI for GPU. So the SSD will be close by my GPU. Im afraid the SSD placement will heat up my SSD, that as far as i know that high temperature SSD will slow it down and decrease it lifetime.

Is anyone use the same motherboard? Or similar SSD placement? Or is it safe to place the SSD under the GPU ?

Im already searched the web, but couldnt found any answer.

Thank you. Sorry for my bad english

Case : NXZT H500 with 2 exhaust fan
CPU : i5-9400f
RAM : G.skill tridentz 2x8 gb
GPU : Galax 2070 Super 1-click OC

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Hi there,

Generally speaking, you should be absolutely fine installing an NVMe SSD into the M.2 slot that close to the GPU. As a matter of fact, the NAND flash chips that store your data actually are rated for operating temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. The actual microprocessor/controller shouldn't heat up to the point that it damages itself, as they thermal throttle if absolutely necessary.

My only advice is to get a high quality NVMe SSD like from Samsung, and you can also install a heatsink to the SSD if you are concerned. Hope this helps! :)

Reactions: reza2eca
Feb 11, 2020
Hi there,

Generally speaking, you should be absolutely fine installing an NVMe SSD into the M.2 slot that close to the GPU. As a matter of fact, the NAND flash chips that store your data actually are rated for operating temperatures above 40 degrees Celsius. The actual microprocessor/controller shouldn't heat up to the point that it damages itself, as they thermal throttle if absolutely necessary.

My only advice is to get a high quality NVMe SSD like from Samsung, and you can also install a heatsink to the SSD if you are concerned. Hope this helps! :)
Ok thank you. But for my budget, im planning to buy Adata SX8200 pro and it has simple heatsink

TRENDING THREADS