Question NVMe SSD showing up in BIOs but not by Windows

Jul 11, 2024
I recently bought a custom PC and wanted to expand the storage with an M.2 SSD. (WD_BLACK SN770 NVMe SSD)
I can see the NVMe in BIOs but its not recognized by Windows, I have made sure i am booting in UFEI and my SATA Mode is set to AHCI.
I'm very new to PC's and just don't know next steps in getting windows to recognize the SSD.

My PC specs are:
UEFI BIOS Version: A520M-HDV P3.30
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (DDR4-2400 8GB) x2
System type Windows 11 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thank you in advance for the help.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you open up Disk Management(Right click Start>Disk Management) once you went into the OS? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? might want to see if manually reinstalling your chipset drivers in an elevated command(with the latest chipset driver version sourced from AMD's support site) helps.
UPDATE: I got the drive to show up in disk management, still kinda new to this side of PC's and forgot to format the SSD in BIOS. Thank you again for the help!

Lutfij

Titan

Did you open up Disk Management(Right click Start>Disk Management) once you went into the OS? BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? might want to see if manually reinstalling your chipset drivers in an elevated command(with the latest chipset driver version sourced from AMD's support site) helps.

Jul 11, 2024

thank you for the warm welcome and reply!
Its isn't showing up in disk management at all, a few days ago i downloaded the most recent drive/software (24.6.1) released 6/20/2024 for the chipset hoping this would solve this issue but no joy.

The BIOS version at this time for the motherboard is:
BIOS Version

Jul 11, 2024

UPDATE: I got the drive to show up in disk management, still kinda new to this side of PC's and forgot to format the SSD in BIOS. Thank you again for the help!

Solution