Question NVMe started act strange

paolo81

Commendable
Apr 26, 2017
I am having issue with xpg sx8200 on Gigabyte h170-d3hp MB.
All of sudden any ssd tool software (except Adata SSD Toolbox) doesn't show any SMART data from this drive (other SSD SMART data are shown), I haven't made any change in BIOS or any HDD settings in general.

Also write sequental speed is suddenly somewhere around 300MB/s (while sequental read goes up to 2600MB/s stable).
What might cause trouble?
Should i replace the drive/apply warranty?

1972934_f091bf886039ec1f2fdc.jpg

D

Deleted member 14196

Is it full of data? How full is the drive? I am not a fan of any of Adata products anymore, too many problems with their SSDs

An NVME drive getting only half of the write speeds even a lowly standard SATA drive would get is indeed a cause for concern....

This drive is supposed to be capable of 3,000 MB/sec sequential writes!

Assuming no one/nothing has disabled 'write caching' within the device manager/disk drive/ properties/policies...

paolo81

Commendable
Apr 26, 2017
An NVME drive getting only half of the write speeds even a lowly standard SATA drive would get is indeed a cause for concern....

This drive is supposed to be capable of 3,000 MB/sec sequential writes!

Assuming no one/nothing has disabled 'write caching' within the device manager/disk drive/ properties/policies...
ad) caching: I've tried both options before benchmarking, with pretty much similar results; write went somewhere between 282-302MB/s, so no big difference.