[SOLVED] NZXT devices not being found.

Dec 28, 2020
I have a Kraken X63 and a smart device V2. Neither are being fond by cam. Hooked the x63 to outside USB port and still nothing. Believe CAM is updated but cannot find where I would check to see. Also have Cam beta as thought it might be more up to donate. Board is a Z490-A Pro. First build here. It is working and currently pump is on and all fans on high. Also when I plug in USB for the pump it shuts down, only works when I have it unplugged. Currently it is plugged into CPU fan.

Solution
The X63 pump unit certainly should have one of its cables plugged into the CPU_FAN header. The cable for the USB2 mobo header is a separate one that plugs into its own socket on the side of the pump. both cables need to be in place, as well as the SATA power connection and rad fans.

There is no good reason for the pump to shut down when the USB connection is made. If that really does happen, contact NZXT Tech Support. You may have a faulty pump unit or USB2 cable.

By the way, CAM will not detect the Smart Device V2 - there is no CAM function for that device, and no USB2 communication connection.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The X63 pump unit certainly should have one of its cables plugged into the CPU_FAN header. The cable for the USB2 mobo header is a separate one that plugs into its own socket on the side of the pump. both cables need to be in place, as well as the SATA power connection and rad fans.

There is no good reason for the pump to shut down when the USB connection is made. If that really does happen, contact NZXT Tech Support. You may have a faulty pump unit or USB2 cable.

By the way, CAM will not detect the Smart Device V2 - there is no CAM function for that device, and no USB2 communication connection.

Solution