[SOLVED] NZXT H500 vs. Lian Li pc o11 Dynamic xl

xiongk3

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018
AS of right now I am currently running a NZXT H500 with a msi 1070Ti titanium with a i5 8600k being cooled with a Corsair H100i pro. Recently, I've noticed that there has been a increase in temps on my GPU not sure if this is because of me changing resolution from 1080p to 1440p. The most frequent games that I play are Apex, Rainbow Six Siege, and Warframe with them hitting high 70 degrees C and sometimes even hitting 82 or 83. The settings that I have them on are either low then medium for warframe. I was just wondering if it would be worth the cost to change from my H500 to the Lian Li pc o11 Dynamic xl to hopefully get some more air flow in for the gpu.

CPU; I5 8600K
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i pro
Motherboard: msi z370 tomahawk
Case: NZXT H500
PSU: EVGA 550 gold
Ram: G.Skill Trident RGB 2x8 3200

Solution
Recently, I've noticed that there has been a increase in temps on my GPU not sure if this is because of me changing resolution from 1080p to 1440p.
The higher the resolution, the more work the gpu has to do.

sometimes even hitting 82 or 83.
83C is the default thermal throttle limit.

I was just wondering if it would be worth the cost to change from my H500 to the Lian Li pc o11 Dynamic xl to hopefully get some more air flow in for the gpu.
Depends.
Are you doing the most with what you have now, such as:
-2x front intake fans, and rear + top exhaust?
-running a more aggressive fan curve on the gpu for when you play games? Like 70% or so?

If you've already done the above, then nothing else will be as significant...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Recently, I've noticed that there has been a increase in temps on my GPU not sure if this is because of me changing resolution from 1080p to 1440p.

sometimes even hitting 82 or 83.

I was just wondering if it would be worth the cost to change from my H500 to the Lian Li pc o11 Dynamic xl to hopefully get some more air flow in for the gpu.
Depends.
-running a more aggressive fan curve on the gpu for when you play games? Like 70% or so?

If you've already done the above, then nothing else will be as significant besides changing the case.
The NZXT H500 is a good case, but it's design is the enemy of high end gpus - and some more power hungry mid range models.

Solution

xiongk3

Reputable
Nov 8, 2018

Depends.

If you've already done the above, then nothing else will be as significant besides changing the case.
The NZXT H500 is a good case, but it's design is the enemy of high end gpus - and some more power hungry mid range models.
Yea tried all of that changed all the fan curve in bios and the gpu fan curve using MSI afterburner. Like you said I have 2x front intake and top and rear exhaust. Just wanted to have some other opinions before I actually make the actual change with cases.

Dec 9, 2019
AS of right now I am currently running a NZXT H500 with a msi 1070Ti titanium with a i5 8600k being cooled with a Corsair H100i pro. Recently, I've noticed that there has been a increase in temps on my GPU not sure if this is because of me changing resolution from 1080p to 1440p. The most frequent games that I play are Apex, Rainbow Six Siege, and Warframe with them hitting high 70 degrees C and sometimes even hitting 82 or 83. The settings that I have them on are either low then medium for warframe. I was just wondering if it would be worth the cost to change from my H500 to the Lian Li pc o11 Dynamic xl to hopefully get some more air flow in for the gpu.

CPU; I5 8600K
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i pro
Motherboard: msi z370 tomahawk
Case: NZXT H500
PSU: EVGA 550 gold
Ram: G.Skill Trident RGB 2x8 3200
I'm running the o11-d XL right now. While it's a case designed primarily for watercooling it is pretty good for air flow. You are going to need to buy your own fans though since it comes with none. And it only supports 120mm fans throughout so you need to keep that in mind. Especially for your AIO.