NZXT hale82 850m fan noise

baronmuadib

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Anyone have experience with the NZXT hale82 850 with the ad1212hb-a70gl cooling fan in it. I recently purchased this PSU and the fan seem way too loud. Much louder than any other 120mm i have a full throttle. Im running and antec 900 and also have 2 coolermaster blademasters. I would simply assume there is a problem with this fan but it is a smooth noise simply loud. I wouldnt want to RMA the psu just to find out thats the way its supposed to sound. Also does anyone know if the fan is controlled by temp or load? I read a review stating it was load but of course cannot find it again.

baronmuadib

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
At the time of purchase the price was not as close as they are atm. Had i known the hale90 would only be another 30dollars any time soon i would have gone for it. At the time it seemed to be the best price/goodies ratio out there. And efficiency was never very high on my list plus the HALE82 is said to have very good voltage regulation wich is something i was looking for to keep a stable overclock. Believe me if i knew about the fan i would have gotten anything but this one. Its bad.