Question O-Rings for Keyboards

Kevin0412

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a Corsair Strafe Keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches and I was hoping to make it a little bit quieter (Gf isn't a gamer and doesn't like the noise). I went to the local computer store in town they said that I could go the customized route and use O-Rings (or buy a Ducky Keyboard) but I have no idea what to buy or where to buy it. If anyone has a solution that would be great. Thanks

Lutfij

Titan

Kevin0412

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2013
Yes that is the keyboard I'm using.

Okay I will read the Reddit link. What do you mean by mushy?? My plan was only to use it on the keys I use it for gaming and leave everything else..

tecmo34

Administrator
Yes that is the keyboard I'm using.

Okay I will read the Reddit link. What do you mean by mushy?? My plan was only to use it on the keys I use it for gaming and leave everything else..

When you bottom out the switch with an o-ring, you get the feeling of touching something like a stress ball, soft and mushy. The switch will stop but the keycap gives in a little more through the o-ring so adds a little mushy feel to the key stroke. It is a feel preference so you'll have to give it a try to see how it feels.