Obama: I'm the President of the United States; I Don't Need to Borrow a Computer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Before this whole Libyan thing, I just saw Obama as the dem in the typical dem vs rep crap. Now, he needs to step down. What did Libya do to the US to even provoke this? This is the most impeachable offense. At least both of the Bushes did what they were supposed to when it came to congress.[/citation]

What did Libya do to the US? Well, for starters their insane ruler shot down a civilian plane that killed many American's, he has promoted terrorism openly, has put out hits on both American's and his own people, etc. The international and Arab communities asked the US to help...regarding Bush and WMD's...he only had to dupe the Congress with a lie to suck us into a war. Not to mention that he dropped the ball when it came to hunting down Bin Ladin in Afghanistan.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]To bad this country has been ruined beyond repair by a partisan two party system that is corrupt and frequently sells out to the highest bidder (oh wait I meant to say lobbyist)[/citation]

[citation][nom]guruofchem[/nom]TY cknobman!Doesn't matter which party a politician belongs to these days - they are all beholden to those whose money got them elected, and their "sponsors'" interests are the ones they look out for. We live in a plutokleptocracy - government by wealth and theft...[/citation]

and lobbying is legal and a corporation is a legal person.
I think this country is far more liberal than a lot of polls show. When you take politics out of it and focus on policy content in a poll, the majority goes with the liberal policies every time. it's when you throw in social issues and taxes that things change.

so if you ask: do you believe that people should have a safety net retirement program like social security in old age? most say yes.

but if you ask: would you be willing to pay higher taxes to ensure that the elderly don't end their life in poor health and poverty? they it gets negative and a lot of people say no.

still the same issue, just how you phrase it. and politicians and political organizations spend millions trying to get their messaging out right. it isn't about what is best for everyone. it's about what is best for their own interests.

davendork

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
I hate being called an "idiot" when Republicans can't fathom anything other than their redneck-ish point-of-views. An educated person would see both sides. They call themselves Christians, but go very far from the teachings of (probably black and very Jewish) Jesus who taught us to forgive, love and take care of each other. Using the Bible only when it benefits you is also a sin.
I think if you look at the education level of registered Republicans versus Democrats you would see the skew. The GOP is uneducated people being used by "The Man" again. Is this much different than the dictators they speak out against? Being called dumb by a Republican is like being called a swindler by B. Madoff

hmohniii

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]It's funny how 99.999% of intelligent people can see right through Republican BS.What's that say about the general population when they elect GWB twice?[/citation]

It shows that 99.999% of "intelligent" people such as yourself *think* they are smart. Has nothing to do with intelligent/not-so-intelligent people and everything to do with morals and beliefs and which you support. Whether you think people who choose to believe Republican BS or Democratic BS doesn't make them smart... especially when in the long run it's still just BS.

beigel

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]davendork[/nom]I hate being called an "idiot" when Republicans can't fathom anything other than their redneck-ish point-of-views. An educated person would see both sides. They call themselves Christians, but go very far from the teachings of (probably black and very Jewish) Jesus who taught us to forgive, love and take care of each other. Using the Bible only when it benefits you is also a sin.I think if you look at the education level of registered Republicans versus Democrats you would see the skew. The GOP is uneducated people being used by "The Man" again. Is this much different than the dictators they speak out against? Being called dumb by a Republican is like being called a swindler by B. Madoff[/citation]

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2011/03/the-republican-fluency-with-science/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
"I don't need to borrow a computer" ... "I'll just take yours" Hehe.
How can i befriend this guy in Facebook so i can request a green card or HB1 visa?

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]Before this whole Libyan thing, I just saw Obama as the dem in the typical dem vs rep crap. Now, he needs to step down. What did Libya do to the US to even provoke this? This is the most impeachable offense. At least both of the Bushes did what they were supposed to when it came to congress.[/citation]

Again, most of the world agrees with our involvement in Libya, mainly to protect civilians there. Unlike the war in Iraq which few other nations support. Impeachment, get out of here with that craziness...

kenyee

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
I'd agree the two majority parties are a mess, but the US voters are too stupid to actually vote in a 3rd party to force the main two parties to actually *CHANGE* instead of being major jerks that keep blaming the other party for current problems instead of doing what's needed.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
If we have to bring up the Libya thing, there is one major difference between Obama - libya and Bush - Iraq

The use of force in Libya was approved by the United Nations. Iraq not so much.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]fausto[/nom]you said it, "intelligent people", problem is everyone isn't intelligent. Apparent 30% of the people are idiots. 40% are uninformed, and 30% are high lever critical thinkers who spent too much time making sure they have the right info.the fight is over the 40% in the middle. The idiots vs. the intelligent people fight a media war to draw the middle towards them. If we had real news coverage the left would win easily. why? well facts have a well known liberal bias.[/citation]
I'm not sure about those percentages, if you ask anyone outside the USA to divide those number they would probably say 3% high level critical thinkers and the whole remaining 97% are bucktooth, banjo playing hick hillbillies whose main intellectual activities include watching monster trucks and wrestling.

[citation][nom]fausto[/nom]nevermind that Bush 2 lied about all the reasons to go there. Everything they said on the lead up was false. they've been reduced to saying "getting rid of saddam was still a good thing even if we lied to get the ok to do it from congress.[/citation]

If Congress did their job and made a decision based on hard evidence, they wouldn't have approved the war. Blame congress for giving the Ok, or commend Bush for being smart enough to convince Congress without proper evidence.

Either way, blame Congress...

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]garyshome[/nom]All this, March madness, a nice [Taxpayer Funded] Vacation in Rio while the world Burns.[/citation]

Oh my god, keep crying. Do you really expect the guy to never do anything recreational? Do you want our president to get burnt out, because that is what will happen if there was no vacation time scheduled.

You're just part of the problem with this country. Extremist criticism of everything Obama does regardless of the context.

G

haters.... how do you fix bush(s) mess when he left office huh? Dont see any of you smart(not) people with answers.. haha! ps recession is over .. guess Obama doing ok:)

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]fausto[/nom]and lobbying is legal and a corporation is a legal person. I think this country is far more liberal than a lot of polls show. When you take politics out of it and focus on policy content in a poll, the majority goes with the liberal policies every time. it's when you throw in social issues and taxes that things change.so if you ask: do you believe that people should have a safety net retirement program like social security in old age? most say yes.but if you ask: would you be willing to pay higher taxes to ensure that the elderly don't end their life in poor health and poverty? they it gets negative and a lot of people say no. still the same issue, just how you phrase it. and politicians and political organizations spend millions trying to get their messaging out right. it isn't about what is best for everyone. it's about what is best for their own interests.[/citation]

You're a perfect liberal, and it's refreshing to see someone so stupid, yet so self-righteous about it. You're why people vote Republican. Keep posting!

G

Ah..talk about sensitivity. We are in a new war, Japan is getting nuked and the narcissist in chief is dead panning jokes. It is like your doctor saying you have cancer then goes into a comedy routine. And William Shatner is almost a billionaire due to priceline. Maybe hell is tailored made for each individual or is this a collective deal?

soulfringe

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008

I think you need to stop and do some research on what happened and why we are over there and who else is over there. It boils down to this, Tyrant is purging rebels AND civilians with tanks. and The UN said "we need to do something about this"

G

your mom is in the hospital and needs major surgery to survive do you a) spend for her survival and leave yourself broke or b) save your money and let her die.. liberals v. conservatives... whatever.... if you have the right "incentive" you will do what needs to be done... ie Obama "trying" to fix this mess...

jeffjwatts

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
I don't agree with Obama's politics, but he's an intelligent and charming guy and this clip was the President at his best. It's a great clip.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
To all people with your political agendas to push: just see what really happened!
Bush was blamed for the crap passed/blocked by democrats in Congress, and Obama just sits around and does absolutely nothing. He's probably sitting in the Oval Office playing a PS3 that he got for free when he passed some law that allowed Sony to sue the pants off of anyone for anything. (at least that's my paraphrase of his personality)

Status
Not open for further replies.