Question OC Wattage

Sep 19, 2019
So I currently have a i5-3570k clocked at 4.2ghz,cooled by a hyper 212 evo, a r7 250 gpu, and a 350w psu (I’m aware I need to upgrade my psu) with everything running on a stress test for a few hours temps max out at around 62c so I believe I’m alright with cooling but I was unsure just how much further I could clock my cpu with such a low wattage psu.

So I currently have a i5-3570k clocked at 4.2ghz,cooled by a hyper 212 evo, a r7 250 gpu, and a 350w psu (I’m aware I need to upgrade my psu) with everything running on a stress test for a few hours temps max out at around 62c so I believe I’m alright with cooling but I was unsure just how much further I could clock my cpu with such a low wattage psu.
Only way to know for sure is to try and see what happens, Another 100-200MHz would ad only few Watts to total power usage. Much also depends on the quality of your 350W PSU. In general, a close you get to it's total power output, PSU has less smooth and reliable power and that may interfere with OC.

Reactions: HashtagGrandpa