[SOLVED] OC - When do I stop.

TraineeIdiot

Commendable
Apr 7, 2020
CPU: 3800x (stock cooler - Wraith Prism)
MOBO: Crosshair VIII Hero
PSU: RM750 (Corsair)
RAM/Memory:2x 16GB G-SKILL Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC)
Storage:ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
GPU: 1050TI strix
Case: NZXT H710i
Fans: 3x ll120 RGB Corsair and stock fans with case (4 NZXT fans, 3x120 1x140)

I am looking to OC my GPU. Ideally to the max stable aloud. Just to gauge what It can do ect.
My question is, when do I stop?
If it crashes, ofcourse, I have gone too far, but, what about if it doesnt, if that can happen. Is it just temp I gauge?
So as long as it doesnt not crash, and the temps are deemed acceptable, im good?

Thanks.

Solution
D
Don't use any stress testing tool when overclocking your GPU, simply load up a game and see how the performance and FPS is like. If you don't see any artifacts, the performance increases, and the temps are acceptable, you're good to go. You should stop when your system becomes unstable/GPU resets its clocks automatically. If that happens, go back to the last accepted stable frequency and remain there. This applies to both core and memory clocks.
CPU: 3800x (stock cooler - Wraith Prism)
MOBO: Crosshair VIII Hero
PSU: RM750 (Corsair)
RAM/Memory:2x 16GB G-SKILL Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC)
Storage:ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 2x Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
GPU: 1050TI strix
Case: NZXT H710i
Fans: 3x ll120 RGB Corsair and stock fans with case (4 NZXT fans, 3x120 1x140)

I am looking to OC my GPU. Ideally to the max stable aloud. Just to gauge what It can do ect.
My question is, when do I stop?

Thanks.
You should stop when the system becomes unstable.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Don't use any stress testing tool when overclocking your GPU, simply load up a game and see how the performance and FPS is like. If you don't see any artifacts, the performance increases, and the temps are acceptable, you're good to go. You should stop when your system becomes unstable/GPU resets its clocks automatically. If that happens, go back to the last accepted stable frequency and remain there. This applies to both core and memory clocks.

Solution