OCing with easy Tune 5 .

eka42

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
Easy Tune 5, the gigabyte software looks sooo easy to use, why don't more people use it? is it dangerous? It looks really, really easy. Should I use it? What are the dangers? Also my PCI frequency there reads at 33...Is that normal? Also my temp there for CPU is 26, while in speedfan my core 0 and 1 is like 35-39. WHat is this? Also should i update my 965p-ds3 to the f5 bios?

Gh0stDrag0n

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
You can use EasyTune 5 for a mild OC (10 to 15%) just fine. You run into trouble if you want to really get the most out of your hardware. OCing in the BIOS is not that hard and IMO the best way to do it.

Pax2All

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Easytune software has been implicated in cases of conflict with MB Bios settings. Don't use it. You may even want to uninstall it completely. You seem unsure about standard PCI frequency. Before you overclock do your research and read up on the matter. There are some awesome guides here and at anand. Use them.

dagoth_ur

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
I use easytune 5 and it works fine, but there are two disadvantages, first, that if you want to overclock the cpu everything is fine, unless you try to underclock it : ) for some reason the system freezes, almost every time you try it

and second, while using ET5, I cannot restart the windows, the computer shuts down but doesn't POST again...Without easy tune, it restarts correctly.

Maybe you won't have these problems because you own other mobo

plazma

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2007
Are any of you running vista at all when running easy tune?

I have tried to start it up and it never starts, not sure if its not vista compatable or what. Im just running a 32bit version of ultimate.
my mobo is the p35 ds3r and i have a 6750 CPU.

Any suggestions on how to make it work? not sure if its java based at all and need java for vista. Hell, even the BIOS program that came on the gigabyte disc doesnt run either....

jeditim

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
I agree with plazma...I tried to use ET5 on a new build using a GA-P35-DQ6 with Vista Ultmate 32...I had startup problems ever time I tried to start the PC. I removed the software and then a week later tried to install it again by using the software directly from Gigabyte...again the same problem. I am guessing it has a problem with Vista and the UAC...I have removed it and will not install again.

I have not yet OC through BIOS and am still learning.
Tim

G

i'm using ET5 on my GA-H55M w/ i3 processor running on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and works perfectly, maybe it's just with vista, i never cared much for vista too many program conflicts.