Oculus Eyes Q1 2016 Release Date For Rift, Pre-Orders Later This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

itookmypills

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
If this came out earlier this year or last year I would have been way more excited. Now that the HTC Vive (SteamVR) is coming out this year also, I will probably get the Vive. It's not because the Vive has better reviews, but because Oculus missed their chance to dominate the market.

I'll wait till some real-VR games actually come out before investing in one of these. Which probably won't be till sometime near 2018. I'm not that interested in playing regular games with added motion sickness.

G

I agree with everyone here. They HAD the market. They invented it. Then, delays, delays, delays. Now a lot of competition is comming. Some will launch before this.

I will wait at least 4 years before I get one of these. The technology will be mature, the market well-defined, and the duds will no longer be in business. I predict the Occulus will be one of these duds, unable to acheive a good market share.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Why would you preorder this? Will there be limited quantity like the developer kit versions? Will they remove the silly headphones as a bonus?

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Oculus will fail because they have done everything possible to ensure their demise: 1) Very late product to market, 2) ignorance to customer's needs, 3) minimal collaboration with 3rd party game deveopers/companies, 4) clunky last generation hardware...

You get the idea. Facebook purchasing Oculus was supposed to fix all of these issues because of the bottomless money pit that was offered. Instead, Oculus veered off the yellow brick road from the very beginning and now will never find Oz.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

1)I dont think they are holding anything back. It comes out when the tech is up to par
2)how?
3)what about Eve Valkyrie and two generations of developer kits?
4)have you tried the consumer version? How is it heavier than the HTC? have you tried them?

no...I dont get what your saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.