OCZ Expands Far Cry 3 Vector SSD Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

$549 for the 512GB model when the Samsung 840 Pro that outperforms it is $499 and was on sale a few days ago for $376! So you are still really paying $50 for the game. The 512GB version of the Vector seems to have a pretty high failure rate based on those newegg reviews as well. Come on OCZ you did well with the performance of this drive. Now get the reliability fixed and price down.

ssd_pro

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
I grabbed a couple 256ers and made some use of FC3. Decent game, meant for single player. I have a 256GB Samsung Pro that is a good drive, but the Vector outperforms it. I have owned 4 Vertex, a Vertex 2, Vertex LE, 2 Vertex 3 Max IOPS, 4 Vertex 4 drives, 2 Vector and a Revodrive. Only one time did I experience a drive failure and it was the Vertex 2 and died a year after I got it. I sent for a replacement and received it 6 days later. The service at OCZ was wonderful.

On the other hand, I have had 3 Samsung drives - 2 830 and 1 840. My 830 failed 2 months after installation and I had to RMA. This is where the difference was - it took 5 weeks to get my Samsung replacement and the support was corporate who knows what is happening style.

I don't mind failures, electronics fail. I keep my systems overclocked and I know problems can arise from it. The difference is OCZ supports you with USA-based support that is competent.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
"fully embraced the use of always-connected DRM " Always on for a single player, F off Ubisoft and take your game and shove it up your arse.

[citation][nom]Novuake[/nom]Damn why not do this for Vertex 4s...[/citation]

Price and profit differences are likely. Vertex 4 is a much cheaper line and profits are probably much smaller per sale. Profits per sale may be low enough for including an expensive game for free would make sales not profitable or at least not profitable enough to be worthwhile.

RobAC

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
I could not justify the cost for the 512 GB drive so I opted for a Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB. Yes I know it's slooow compared to an SSD but I await the day when costs are less than .50 cents a gig plus terabyte capacities.

Til then I will chug along on my puny 79mb/s transfer rates ... yes SSD owners pity me ! :)

I do pity you, the responsiveness of an SSD system is just soooo much better. An old build can feel lightning fast by adding an SSD.

I find it hard to use PCs without SSDs these days.

bennie101

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I can see the mans point with staying with a old drive that's a small 750 gig can remember drives less then 400 megabytes I can and wow was they expensive back in the day like all things it takes time for items products to come down with terms of supply and demand. I am sure he would love to buy a ssd drive but mot all of us can afford one at this time I have mine due to the full time job I had at one time in the past now I work part time due to our economy but I guess I m blessed and lucky to be working at all!

RobAC

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Aye, I hear ya. It's a right crap shoot out there economy wise. I still have a huge 40mb external SCSI HD kicking around in the old junk tech pile I need to take to the recyclers. Yep the good ole days- spent good money on that thing too.

My biggest thing is I look at value to performance vs wants and what I actually need- not to mention the fact I am a cheap sob at times.. heh
If something passes all those factors then it's worth it for me. If not then I wait until it is- especially when it comes to technology.

DigitalMenace

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Yea, due to problems with connecting to the site, the extended the promotion till today. I've had my code and still cannot buy the game. It tells me "Invalid Promo Code"

I've contacted OCZ and was told everyone who was part of the deadline extension is having this problem and they guarantee we'll be able to download the game. WHEN?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.