[SOLVED] Odd bluescreen behaviour ?

auudreeyy

Prominent
Aug 15, 2021
Hi. I've been having bluescreens with my computer for almost a couple years now, and I've never really looked into why because typically the problem resolves itself, but this time I got curious and have compiled the dump files which I can offer you. I've taken token efforts a couple times before to fix it, but found little success; many suggested that the problem was memory-related or driver-related, but I ran memtest and received no errors. The BSODs:

• Only occurs when launching a heavily intensive program, extremely rarely otherwise. Sometimes, when RUNNING a very intensive program, it can happen, but I have only seen this once. For instance: it will happen sometimes when I launch Chrome when starting my computer, but I have never had my computer BSOD as a result of Chrome otherwise (as opposed to some other more obvious culprit.)

• Only occurs sometimes, very inconsistently. It seems to happen most often soon after I boot up my computer and try launching Chrome; if I wait a while before launching Chrome, usually I will be able to avoid it. It will happen on one out of every 10 or 20 game launches for the same game, and doesn't occur at all when some games launch; usually only the most intensive ones.
Hopefully these dump files can provide some insight. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqoe161s5582r1i/dump files.zip?dl=0

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

I will ask a friend to convert the dumps for me. He might be a while as I haven't asked him for a few weeks and he may not believe his eyes :)

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

auudreeyy

Prominent
Aug 15, 2021
what are specs of the PC?

I will ask a friend to convert the dumps for me. He might be a while as I haven't asked him for a few weeks and he may not believe his eyes :)

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it
Hi. Here are the specs:
RIG: Lian-Li PC-O11D Razer
MBD: Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE LGA1151
CPU: Intel i9-9900k
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix 11GB
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32gb (4x8) DDR4-3200
SSD: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
HDD: Western Digital Black 6TB & WD Elements 2TB External
PSU: Corsair RM750X
FAN: 9x Thermaltake Riing Trio 120mm (w/ Thermaltake TT Sync Module) & NZXT Kraken X72 3x120mm Liquid CPU Cooler
SYS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
I've run Memtest before and received no errors, but I'll get around to running it again soon.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/51pfhbk3/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:110121-36625-01.dmp (Nov 1 2021 - 05:55:38)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: taskkill.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 52 Sec(s)

File information:102521-56312-01.dmp (Oct 25 2021 - 23:44:20)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File information:102521-31875-01.dmp (Oct 25 2021 - 23:38:32)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswArPot.sys
Probably caused by:aswArPot.sys (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:102521-25718-01.dmp (Oct 25 2021 - 23:20:12)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswbidsdriver.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

File information:102521-15765-01.dmp (Oct 25 2021 - 23:22:30)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: software_reporter_tool.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2 or Armoury Crate)

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

One or more crashes was caused by the nvlddmkm.sys file, which is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-xi-code-model/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 0903 and the latest is 1903. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
driver verifier and System service exception are both pointing at Avast, either update it or remove it as it caused two of the BSOD

Has to be noted Armory crate isn't much better, Asus software can be a problem too.

Nvidia did cause on of them.

Do you cannect via WIFI? Try running https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html and see if anything newer. Often if I see Anti virus programs crash I look at wifi/lan drivers. Yours mentions 2 different parts of Avast so could be the software itself.
Lan drivers might be the latest, I seem to recall mine are same date as yours are.

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the new dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/mnxvujw2/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:112121-69171-01.dmp (Nov 21 2021 - 18:31:55)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: vermintide2.exe)
Uptime:4 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)

File information:112121-38203-01.dmp (Nov 21 2021 - 18:37:23)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Razer Synapse Service Process.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:112121-28078-01.dmp (Nov 21 2021 - 18:35:46)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: software_reporter_tool.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2 or Armoury Crate)

BIOS update still available as previously posted.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.