Question Odd freezing and audio issues

Nov 3, 2021
I've got a weird issue that's been going on for a little while:

It seems like most games I play (currently Horizon Zero Dawn), within the first 5-10 minutes, I get 2-3 30 second hangs. Before and after it's runs perfectly; no frame drops, no stutter; butter smooth. I can usually tell the freeze is coming because some or all of the audio starts to cut out. The audio does occasionally cut out after the freezes, but I just pause the game until it comes back (5 seconds or so).

RTX 3090
Ryzen 5 5600x
SSD
16 GB Ram

That's a very good supply....which makes me less likely to suspect it.
I would usually suspect temps or the power supply in this case....but the fact that it "fixes itself" tends to conflict with that idea.
Have you checked the temps during the hangs?
While I was at it....I would also check the PSU voltages during the hangs with HWInfo.

Nov 3, 2021
That's a very good supply....which makes me less likely to suspect it.
I would usually suspect temps or the power supply in this case....but the fact that it "fixes itself" tends to conflict with that idea.
Have you checked the temps during the hangs?
While I was at it....I would also check the PSU voltages during the hangs with HWInfo.
No temp spikes during hangs. 50s for cpu, 60s for gpu. Which voltages should I be watching? There are a lot of them.

Also, was curious since it's been a long time with this PSU. Its over 8 years old at this point. Is that long for a good quality PSU?

Nov 3, 2021
Update to my issue: The freezes correspond with hitting the voltage limit on my GPU. It appears the max voltage that I've hit is 1.081V. Is that low for it to hit the limit? I haven't done any overclocking outside of the factory overclock.