[SOLVED] OEM Windows 10, Multiple Installs

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
I previously read on here about a version of OEM Windows that allows multiple installs, but I can't recall or find it again.

I recently built myself a new PC and I just decided to put one together for my nephew. I'm looking for this version of Windows because soon I'll be building another system (or two or three).

Solution
I'm not trying to steal anything and I don't know why you'd jump to that conclusion, it was mentioned and I'm simply asking. I was thinking there was an option similar to the previously offered Windows 7 Family Pack...which allowed installs on 3PCs.
With Win 7, there was a Family Pack. 3 individual licenses, for somewhat cheaper than buying them individually.

That does not exist with Win 10.

SparkyTech934

Reputable
Jan 22, 2020
Hi there,

As far as I know, there are no OEM versions of windows that allow multiple installs. There may be a retail key out there that allows multiple installs, but it would be expensive. Your best bet is to shop reputable sellers on Ebay for system builder keys, as long as you don't mind losing direct support from Microsoft. These system builder/OEM keys can be purchased for as cheap as $4.50 sometimes.

Other than that, the best you could hope for is trying to transfer an old Windows key to a new PC, but that's usually not an option, especially if its an OEM key. Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps :)

D

Deleted member 14196

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
best if you just buy a copy for each instead of trying to steal operating systems. I doubt you can afford volume licensing, or even a yearly license of MSDN Professional which cost $539 per yr. (with that you get retail keys that allow it, however, those are supposed to be TEST systems used for testing purposes, not someones OS)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/product-licensing/windows10?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=windows10-pivot:primaryr3

I'm not trying to steal anything and I don't know why you'd jump to that conclusion, it was mentioned and I'm simply asking. I was thinking there was an option similar to the previously offered Windows 7 Family Pack...which allowed installs on 3PCs.

USAFRet

Titan
With Win 7, there was a Family Pack. 3 individual licenses, for somewhat cheaper than buying them individually.

That does not exist with Win 10.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS