Question Office set-up: need to be able to independently control volume on speakers

CatsinQ

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
Hi everyone, and thanks in advance for your suggestions.
I have a small office with two treatment rooms (I am an acupuncturist) and would like to play music via bluetooth into the rooms. The laptop would sit on my desk and I'd have one speaker in each room, playing the same thing in each room. If I walk into Room A I need to turn the music down to speak with the patient, but it needs to keep playing in Room B, and vice versa. So far everything I have tried results in the music volume turning down on BOTH speakers. I have tried several sets of bluetooth speakers from Amazon (AnkerSoundcore) (I'm trying to keep this fairly inexpensive), and they sound great for what I need, but again, when I turn the volume down on one, it also turns down the volume on the other one, EVEN IF they are NOT paired. I've been wondering if it would be better to order two completely different speakers instead of buying two of the same one.

I clearly don't know how to accomplish what I want, so ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!

I have a Dell Latitude E7270 with W10 and StereoMix installed.

CatsinQ

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
How are you controlling the speakers now? Are you doing it from the laptop or an app?

If you're doing it from the laptop you could play with the left and right balance to lower one speaker and not the other.
Yes, I am doing it from the laptop, but the music needs to keep playing until I am in the room. I can't realistically run to my desk and change it every time I step in or out of a room. If I need to go into a room I just need to turn down the volume on that single speaker, so I need to figure out how to have two speakers playing the same thing yet be able to lower the volume on each speaker without affecting the other speaker.