Official Box Art for Palit's GeForce GTX 480, 470

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
[citation][nom]pei-chen[/nom]Where do you get these numbers?[/citation]
[citation][nom]mousemonkey[/nom]The term "chocolate starfish" springs to mind.[/citation]
Just google the words "Fermi is 60% larger die" you'll easily find your answer.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
AMD has now released the bomb with Open 3D, and also greatly improved their relationship with games developerts (in the game developers conference).

Nvidia is such a failure state that now box arts are news xDDDDDDD. Shame on them.

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
It seems amd is releasing 3d for all dx9 cards and newer, so basically any ati/amd card that still works.

Other than that it's nice to see the new card full with features that is being mentioned on the box, but why no dx11 on the box? I thought that was the most important part of the next card, guess things like 3d and physX should sell more cards.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]haljordan[/nom]Couldn't they sell these in a plain white box with minimal "art". Flashy box art isn't what I'm buying. I think that could be said for most products.[/citation]
People buy things based on how flashy it looks. It's a sad truth. A flashy box isn't going to cost much more than a plain white one after all, but it can make a big difference to sales if you advertise all of these marketing buzzwords on the front.

[citation][nom]mousemonkey[/nom]I was not questioning the die size rather your interpretation of how that should affect performance.[/citation]
I believe he meant that a 60% larger die should mean at least 60% better performance otherwise it's wasted silicon. He didn't mean that this was how fast it was actually going to be, only how fast he thinks it should be.

Which is exactly what I was questioning because as we all know, one doesn't not necessarily relate to the other even though some feel that it should.

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
[citation][nom]lordcrazex[/nom]aahh... the things i would do to get Fermi..uh wat?.. an arm and a leg?? err...wat was ATI offering again?[/citation]

Also an arm and a leg.

G

Well I just managed to snag a Palit 470 from scan in the UK.

I am happy, will be here tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.