Official Box Art for Palit's GeForce GTX 480, 470

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Bad portrait design... ¡the most important feature (Dx11) is "out of the box"!.

phraun

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
These cards had better be either AMAZING performance-wise or on par with ATI's offerings and similarly priced. I'm going to have to abandon NVidia on principle, otherwise.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
Well considering Fermi die is 60% larger than 5xxx series, Fermi should be 60% faster... and 120% faster for the dual card. Anything less would be a failure in my book

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]razorblaze42[/nom]Well considering Fermi die is 60% larger than 5xxx series, Fermi should be 60% faster... and 120% faster for the dual card. Anything less would be a failure in my book[/citation]
Where do you get these numbers?

Arbie

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Since when is the release of "box art" worth a Tom's headline? The Nvidia marketing reps must have asked you very nicely, indeed. Not surpising considering the hole they're in. Looks like Tom's will get one of the first few sample units Nivida can cobble together, for a softball review.

This card is either gonna be the best card ever or a complete bomb. According to some leaked benchs the 480 is barely better then a 5870 that was released 6 months ago truly pathetic nvidia.

Utterly irrelevant. I don't care how great the box looks if it can't perform or is overpriced. OTOH, if it performs as well as a 5850 but sells for $125, I'll buy a couple even if the box is the color of fresh monkey-puke.

G

Ati 5000 series people, why are you even interested in the Fermi. Extremely sad, and if anything you are concerned you paid for a card too early!

When I got a 8800gtx x 2, I have only looked at news in the last 6 months. That's years without looking... so what is your problem.

Also if we want 3D games, the ATI offering is a DEAD FISH. Therefore this is the next big upgrade for us on the 8xxx cards.

Reason no other data on the art work, is Nvidia is keeping all info quiet, but you already know that.

Reason we have the artwork... its a free advert for palit, and what great free publicity.

Please Toms Hardware advise your forum users to add constructive comments not 8 year old boys snapping at each others heels!

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Couldn't they sell these in a plain white box with minimal "art". Flashy box art isn't what I'm buying. I think that could be said for most products.

razorblaze42

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
[citation][nom]gymreaper[/nom]Ati 5000 series people, why are you even interested in the Fermi. Extremely sad, and if anything you are concerned you paid for a card too early!When I got a 8800gtx x 2, I have only looked at news in the last 6 months. That's years without looking... so what is your problem.Also if we want 3D games, the ATI offering is a DEAD FISH. Therefore this is the next big upgrade for us on the 8xxx cards. Reason no other data on the art work, is Nvidia is keeping all info quiet, but you already know that.Reason we have the artwork... its a free advert for palit, and what great free publicity.Please Toms Hardware advise your forum users to add constructive comments not 8 year old boys snapping at each others heels![/citation]
3D is EPIC FAIL IMHO, as for why ATI fans are concerned...well I'm hoping Fermi bring down the price of 5870...which keep going up without any serious competition from NVidia (I’m starting to think ATI is price gouging) Now we know all you NVidia fan boys going cry victory if Fermi is just 5% faster than the 5870, irrespective of the fact the Fermi is a 60% larger die. Kind of like fighting a super heavy weight against a super lightweight, but I supposed when the little guy is cleaning your clock on the performance, efficiency, cost ratio... you take whatever crude, inefficient, overheating win you can get. The box is cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.