[SOLVED] old ASUS mbo on win10, cant install ai suite and similar

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
So I finally got win10 installed and cleared my pc, now setting up everything. I need the ai suite of ASUS for controlling fan speed etc. As this is an old mbo when I insert cd given with mbo it just cant start because its not compatible with win10. And on asus site where u download bios, chipsets, and ai suite, when u pick your OS win10 is not an option who would have know.. So what do I do? any suggetions? thanks in advance
ps.mbo is F1A 75-M Le

edit: looks like I can just download something like hwinfo instead, but still driver updates for mbo :/, I guess I can live without them

Last edited:
Solution
cannot physically harm your PC in any way.

the worst case scenario would be a device may not function correctly using older platform drivers in the new environment. but this should be easily rectified by deleting/uninstalling said drivers later.
if Windows is already using optimal available drivers you will more than likely get a warning when trying to install stating that newer "better" drivers are already installed.
fan control should be possible through the BIOS.

you should be able to copy the data off of the old install disk. there's a good chance you would be able to manually install drivers from there. if that's not possible, downloading and trying the Windows 8.1 version drivers would more than likely be better than nothing.

a better option would be to upgrade to a modern platform that is currently supported.

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014
fan control should be possible through the BIOS.

you should be able to copy the data off of the old install disk. there's a good chance you would be able to manually install drivers from there. if that's not possible, downloading and trying the Windows 8.1 version drivers would more than likely be better than nothing.

a better option would be to upgrade to a modern platform that is currently supported.

is it safe to install something for win 8.1? could that mess up my pc or something? idk what does change

the worst case scenario would be a device may not function correctly using older platform drivers in the new environment. but this should be easily rectified by deleting/uninstalling said drivers later.
if Windows is already using optimal available drivers you will more than likely get a warning when trying to install stating that newer "better" drivers are already installed.

Solution

konjgl

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2014

ok thanks. And good call on manually installing stuff, I put the CD again in and went through it, found the ai suite which works :) other things I didn't touch because they didn't want to work or it was literally made for a certain windows version(xp,7,vista).
I'll now try the win8.1 chipset drivers

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost