Old crt monitor connected with vga - dvid adapter/converter issue

LiQuidK

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
Need a bit of help from you guys.
Recently got a new gpu (1070 gtx) and needed to get the mentioned active adapter so i could connect it. Issue is that it is not allowing me to put my monitors refresh rate to 100hz, i mean it does but the screen is stretched and cut off at sides, looks awful. Before this i was using i think a dvi-a adapter and everything was working fine. Reason of getting this adapter instead of a new monitor is that im on a budget, and getting anything less than a 144hz monitor for gaming isnt worth it.

Is there a solution for this?

zero_l0gic

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
auch this is a hard one, problem is that now the signal is digital and not suited for those monitors, but you can try to see if the monitor is detected (check in device manager ->Monitors) and if its Generic PNP Monitor then its not detected, if you could find and install drivers for that display that should unlock all refresh rates and resolutions that monitor can support (even some CRT monitors had 60hz limit)

or you can force refresh rate and resolution in Nvidia Control Panel BUT AT YOUR OWN RISK (problem there is that if its Out of Range then its possible that is saves it like that and you will never be able to get picture again)

LiQuidK

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
It is working @ 85 atm, just wanna get those 100 that ive been using for years. Since it worked woth no issues i was thinking that there is a workaround with this adapter since theyre basically the same