Question Old hard drive and ssd not showing up in BIOS and windows.

Aug 7, 2020
so i bought a new m.2 ssd because i had no space on my pc anymore. so after installing my new m.2 ssd i saw that both my old sdd and hard drive were not showing in BIOS and a after installing windows on the new ssd they dont show in windows either.

Lutfij

Titan
after installing windows on the new ssd they dont show in windows either.
That doesn't make sense. If the OS is on the SSD physically, and you can boot off of it, it should be working. Are you talking about the drive not being in the boot device's priority list? The only thing that matters with Windows 10 is that the primary boot device is Windows Boot Manager. Can you share more information. What is the make and model of your SSD and your HDD? Which slot did you populate the SSD in?

Did you make sure you installed the OS using a bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Make and model of the motherboard? Version for your BIOS for the motherboard?

Aug 7, 2020
i installed windows on the new m.2 ssd my old ssd and old hard drive are not showing both in windows and BIOS. the only thing that i can see in BIOS is my new m.2 ssd and the windows boot manager.

m.2 ssd: Viper VPN100 PCIe m.2 SSD
Sata slot 5 (best for cable managment) : old ssd: Crucial MX500 500GB
Sata slot 6 (best for cable managment) : old hdd: unknown some old hard drive
motherboard: Asus prime b350-plus BIOS version 5407

Aug 7, 2020
so it seems that when i uninstalled the new ssd everything works fine. both drives work when the m.2 ssd is not installed. so i dont know what to do so all the drives work