Old HDD New PC

EpicSOB

Honorable
Apr 8, 2016
I use the term Old Loosely its a WD Cavair Black. What I would like to know is can I use it on a new PC (the programs on it to be specific as some can't be moved or reinstalled) without a wipe.

1Tb (973Gb Usable) Sata

Solution
It will depend on how closely the old PC resembles the new PC. And you will have to re-activate Win. If you can boot to the desktop, Win will have loaded its generic drivers to get that far. Then you will want to run something like CCleaner to clean up the mess that the Registry will be in. Next, install the drivers for the new motherboard. I'm assuming this is a self-build and not a pre-built.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It will depend on how closely the old PC resembles the new PC. And you will have to re-activate Win. If you can boot to the desktop, Win will have loaded its generic drivers to get that far. Then you will want to run something like CCleaner to clean up the mess that the Registry will be in. Next, install the drivers for the new motherboard. I'm assuming this is a self-build and not a pre-built.

Solution

EpicSOB

Honorable
Apr 8, 2016
its kind of custom. It's a gaming PC built by cyberpowerPC but i have several things I'm adding my self. Notably the HDD and a floppy reader for my emulators as well as some other tidbits.