Daguos

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
Hello,

Today out of nowhere my speakers stop working and from time to time a can hear a little sound as if trying to sound but not working. No ports working (I verified rear and front) and if I put a video on YouTube and go to sounds it shows the bars moving as if everything was okay but still no sound.

Tried:
  1. Reinstall Realtek drivers
  2. Check if HD Audio is connected
  3. Plug other headphones
  4. Use my speakers on another computer and they work perfectly fine
  5. Use my Corsair H60 without USB and it was not recognized, if I use USB it works perfectly well
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk Max
Speakers: Logitech Z323 2.1

At this moment my only guess is that onboard audio is broken, if anyone have other tricks that I can try I will appreciated.

And if you believe my audio just die, can you please recommended a cheap sound card o external DAC?

Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? If you're working with Windows 10, what version(note edition) of the OS are you on? If possible, try and source a small capacity SATA drive and try reinstalling the OS onto the small capacity drive(while your older drive is disconnected), if the audio works as it should after the OS reinstall on the smaller capacity drive, then the issue is that your OS/drivers are corrupt. At that point, reinstalling the OS on your original drive will alleviate the issue.

FYI, Corsair's H60 is an AIO cooler, Corsair HS60 is a headset.

And if you believe my audio just die, can you please recommended a cheap sound card o external DAC?
Throwing money at a problem doesn't always solve said problem.

Daguos

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing? If you're working with Windows 10, what version(note edition) of the OS are you on? If possible, try and source a small capacity SATA drive and try reinstalling the OS onto the small capacity drive(while your older drive is disconnected), if the audio works as it should after the OS reinstall on the smaller capacity drive, then the issue is that your OS/drivers are corrupt. At that point, reinstalling the OS on your original drive will alleviate the issue.

FYI, Corsair's H60 is an AIO cooler, Corsair HS60 is a headset.

Throwing money at a problem doesn't always solve said problem.

I don´t have another SATA drive at hand so I will need to format the main drive for this. At the moment my bios version is SMBIOSBIOSVersion 3.30 (have never updated it, I will try this also) and I am running windows 11 version 21H2.

Thanks for the correction in the headphones. DAC was mostly because I test the speakers using the HS60 3.5mm to USB and works great, but I will try to format, I was thinking in doing it anyway so it will be just a little earlier than planned.

TRENDING THREADS