[SOLVED] Onboard graphics for second monitor crashes pc.

Makatas

Honorable
Jan 13, 2017
Recently i sold my secondary gpu. It was leftover when i upgraded so i was using it to connect my second monitor to it and everything was fine for years. Since recently i sold it i just connected that secondary monitor to onboard graphics and problems started. Pc crashes sometimes after 5 minutes of usage sometimes at 1 hour etc. When it crashes everything gets stuck on both monitors, not even blue screen, just the stuff i was doing stuck as still images. Sound also gets stuck at one note which was playing at the moment of crash and keeps screaming that note. Any ideas whats the issue here?

Solution
A single DP cable would fix your problem. Probably $10 online. I'm not sure why the IGP is causing crashes. You can try deleting all drivers, running DDU, and then installing new. Couldn't hurt to try. But I would just get the cables you need to run off of one card.

Makatas

Honorable
Jan 13, 2017
Why not just use the primary card? GPUs have handled 2+ monitors for a crazy long time now. I would just plug the monitors into the GPU and disable the onboard.
Connection problems. Secondary monitor only has dvi and vga ports cause its a cheap one. My 1080ti has only one dvi connection which i use for my primary monitor. I dont have displayport cable to use it for primary monitor and dvi for secondary. Using hdmi also not an option for first monitor because then i would lose 144hz option.

4745454b

Titan
A single DP cable would fix your problem. Probably $10 online. I'm not sure why the IGP is causing crashes. You can try deleting all drivers, running DDU, and then installing new. Couldn't hurt to try. But I would just get the cables you need to run off of one card.

Solution