[SOLVED] One ground pin displace while working

Apr 5, 2021
This did not happen to me but I am curios about it. When I checked the pins of the PSU I saw that it has 2 ground pins. What would happen if one of them displace while the PC is working? Can it cause any problem?

Solution
The only way the pins will dislodge from the connector is if you have a tiny elf go at with a Dremel or a set of hydraulic forceps to pull it out, since the hooks/wings on the side of each pin is somewhat explosive proof, I know because I sleeve my own cables and removing one pin with the best of my might without a pin remover left me gasping for air. There's also the matter about the latch on the connector, pretty much all connectors won't come loose unless they've been abused.

Now, to the point, what is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it, if it's being reused? What connector are you referring to?

Lutfij

Titan
The only way the pins will dislodge from the connector is if you have a tiny elf go at with a Dremel or a set of hydraulic forceps to pull it out, since the hooks/wings on the side of each pin is somewhat explosive proof, I know because I sleeve my own cables and removing one pin with the best of my might without a pin remover left me gasping for air. There's also the matter about the latch on the connector, pretty much all connectors won't come loose unless they've been abused.

Now, to the point, what is the make and model of your PSU and how old is it, if it's being reused? What connector are you referring to?

Solution