[SOLVED] Only one Front USB port working at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2018
I am having this weird problem where only one of the 2 front usb port is working at a time.
By working I mean that lets say, when first is in use and I plug a device in 2nd, the device would come up quite late like 3-4 min later and then it just wouldn't respond. But the moment I unplug the device in Ist, the second one would work just fine.
Anyone experienced such problem before ? Any tip to solve this irritating problem ?

my motherboard is msi h110pro vh plus
H110M-PRO-VH-PLUS.html

Solution
Then my guess is that you have a problem with the motherboard OR the mini board inside the front panel of the case that supplies and controls the front USB and sound connections.
Sep 28, 2018

these are usb 2.0 ports only

Are your flash drives USB 2.0 or 3.0/3.1?

You have two internal USB 2.0 headers on that motherboard. You might try moving the connector to your case front panel from one to the other. It's POSSIBLE that you might have an issue with one of your USB 2.0 headers BUT I think it's more likely that you are using USB 3.0 flash drives that require more power than can be provided via your USB 2.0 ports so only one device at a time will function.

Try connecting something like your mouse and keyboard to the same two front ports and see if they work or if only one of them works.

Sep 28, 2018

i am already checked mouse and keyboard to the same two front port but it no works

Sep 28, 2018

i have also try this

Status
Not open for further replies.