Was walking around upstairs from the apothecary in Tel Mora, (looking for
skill-books) and I guess I walked in the wrong place, because all of a
sudden, I was in lilac limbo. Gone was the apothecarium, and there was
nothing to see in any direction but pure lavender. I tried using the TCL
command in the console to see if I could make my way back to wherever the
world was, but since there was absolutely no frame of reference, I had no
idea what direction to go. (Or indeed if ANY direction would have worked.)
Fortunately, I had a scroll of Divine Intervention on me, or I would have
had to reload. Of course, the scroll transported me all the way back to
Wolverine Hall, so I had a long trek back. Pretty weird, though. I've seen
this happen in other 3D games before, but this is the first time for this
one. Also, most other games have a way of detecting when this has occurred,
and they will shortly deposit you back on solid ground if it happens. In
this case, well, I'm just lucky I had that scroll, or I'd have been
screwed...

Darrel Hoffman wrote:
> Was walking around upstairs from the apothecary in Tel Mora, (looking for
> skill-books) and I guess I walked in the wrong place, because all of a
> sudden, I was in lilac limbo. Gone was the apothecarium, and there was
> nothing to see in any direction but pure lavender. I tried using the TCL
> command in the console to see if I could make my way back to wherever the
> world was, but since there was absolutely no frame of reference, I had no
> idea what direction to go. (Or indeed if ANY direction would have worked.)
> Fortunately, I had a scroll of Divine Intervention on me, or I would have
> had to reload. Of course, the scroll transported me all the way back to
> Wolverine Hall, so I had a long trek back. Pretty weird, though. I've seen
> this happen in other 3D games before, but this is the first time for this
> one. Also, most other games have a way of detecting when this has occurred,
> and they will shortly deposit you back on solid ground if it happens. In
> this case, well, I'm just lucky I had that scroll, or I'd have been
> screwed...

the 'coc' console command is usually good in situations like that,
coc "Tel Mora, Jolda: Apothecary" would have returned you to the correct
dimension :)

~Cameron

> the 'coc' console command is usually good in situations like that,
> coc "Tel Mora, Jolda: Apothecary" would have returned you to the correct
> dimension :)

This would have required me not only knowing the command, but the exact name
of the location I needed to be in. For future reference, short of digging
through the Construction Kit, how would I determine that?

"Darrel Hoffman" wrote:
> > the 'coc' console command is usually good in situations like that,
> > coc "Tel Mora, Jolda: Apothecary" would have returned you to the correct
> > dimension :)
>
> This would have required me not only knowing the command, but the exact
> name of the location I needed to be in. For future reference, short of
> digging through the Construction Kit, how would I determine that?

If your map is still working, the name of the cell you are in will be in the
title of the local map window. Also, if you place your mouse over any of
the square symbols that show up on maps, that will give the name of a cell.
If you're map is not working, or it is working but you are in the middle of
nowhere, you'll have to coc to the nearest place you know the name of name.
In your case, if you didn't know the exact name of the Apothecary's shop,
"coc Tel Mora" should drop you off somewhere in Tel Mora, and you can walk
to the Apothecary's shop. An inconvenience, certainly, but it's a buggy
game, and it beats walking all the way from Wolverine Hall.

--
Rick Cavalla
rac22@NO.erols.SPAM.com

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:56:17 -0500, "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>
wrote:

>Was walking around upstairs from the apothecary in Tel Mora, (looking for
>skill-books) and I guess I walked in the wrong place, because all of a
>sudden, I was in lilac limbo. Gone was the apothecarium, and there was
>nothing to see in any direction but pure lavender. I tried using the TCL
>command in the console to see if I could make my way back to wherever the
>world was, but since there was absolutely no frame of reference, I had no
>idea what direction to go. (Or indeed if ANY direction would have worked.)
>Fortunately, I had a scroll of Divine Intervention on me, or I would have
>had to reload. Of course, the scroll transported me all the way back to
>Wolverine Hall, so I had a long trek back. Pretty weird, though. I've seen
>this happen in other 3D games before, but this is the first time for this
>one. Also, most other games have a way of detecting when this has occurred,
>and they will shortly deposit you back on solid ground if it happens. In
>this case, well, I'm just lucky I had that scroll, or I'd have been
>screwed...

Boy - I haven't heard of such a thing since Wizardry 1 where the
"world" was 20x20 per level and you could end up on the "outside" of
the walls having to find one's way back.