OOTP6: FRIDAY

OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)

Jonah Falcon

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
<jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

>OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
>
>Jonah Falcon

I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
much better?

Regards,

javajeff

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, Jonah Falcon wrote:

> OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)

That's not quite what Markus Heinsohn said on the OOTP 6 message board:

->Well, I can tell you that we are very close to release date, but it will
->not be before Friday... So, anything can happen over the weekend!
->
->PS: There will be some surprise features, which I will code in the
->remaining days...
->
->PPS: The game is well worth the wait, I love the new engine... it finally
->feels like real baseball instead of numbers crunching!

Friday would be the earliest it might be out, but I'd say another 2 or 3
days are likely. As somebody else as mentioned, I'm a bit concerned that
he's still coding it and will release it with at most a day or two of
testing. As much as I'm looking forward to getting it, I think he'd be wise
to put a couple of weeks into beta testing the final product.

Sumbuddy

"javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
> <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
> >
> >Jonah Falcon
> >

> I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
> Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
> much better?

Far, far better. Markus and Company have incorporated the actual labor
agreement (Rule V, waiver rules, etc). They've tweaked the AI so that scouts
pay more attention to performance than skills (which can be tweaked by the
player). The scouting reports can be the same as real-life scouting reports
(abilities judged from 2-8) or other methods.

The in-game has also been tweaked, with not only more commentary, but more
variables and types of plays.

And Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was based on, if I recall, OOTP4, not OOTP5.
OOTP5 had a ton of stuff more than OOTP4 (ie. the manager mode in which you
play the role of a manager, get hired, fired, etc.)

Jonah Falcon

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:12:19 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
<jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Far, far better. Markus and Company have incorporated the actual labor
>agreement (Rule V, waiver rules, etc). They've tweaked the AI so that scouts
>pay more attention to performance than skills (which can be tweaked by the
>player). The scouting reports can be the same as real-life scouting reports
>(abilities judged from 2-8) or other methods.
>
>The in-game has also been tweaked, with not only more commentary, but more
>variables and types of plays.
>
>And Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was based on, if I recall, OOTP4, not OOTP5.
>OOTP5 had a ton of stuff more than OOTP4 (ie. the manager mode in which you
>play the role of a manager, get hired, fired, etc.)
>
>Jonah Falcon

STB2003 was OOTP4, so this is two generations later for me. I thought
STB2003 was great, so I should like this one. I am looking forward to
it. I wonder how the online head to head game management will work.

"javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
> <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
> >
> >Jonah Falcon
> >

> I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
> Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
> much better?
>
> Regards,
>
> javajeff

Seems like a new OOTP game comes out every few months or so. Is this the
case?

Myself, I never cared for such GM games. Leave the finances and the price
of hot dogs to the big guys, I just want to play the games.

Drafts are fun, however. How much to sell tickets for is not.

Alanb

Alai

> Myself, I never cared for such GM games. Leave the finances and the price
> of hot dogs to the big guys, I just want to play the games.
>
> Drafts are fun, however. How much to sell tickets for is not.
>
> Alanb

I think we should start getting used to this type of games, as they'll soon
be the only kind of sports gaming left on pc.

I was thinking the same thing about '...code in the coming days.' You'd
think there'd be some time period testing the release candidate with just
big fixes to be added.

"Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net> wrote in message

> "javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
> > <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >

> > >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
> > >
> > >Jonah Falcon
> > >

> > I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
> > Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
> > much better?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > javajeff
>
> Seems like a new OOTP game comes out every few months or so. Is this the
> case?

(cough) Once a year. Name a sports game that doesn't.

Jonah Falcon

"Bill Harris" <nospambillharris@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> I was thinking the same thing about '...code in the coming days.' You'd
> think there'd be some time period testing the release candidate with just
> big fixes to be added.

Markus emailed me Friday.

Jonah Falcon

>OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
>
>Jonah Falcon

STFU

"ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> wrote in message

> >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
> >
> >Jonah Falcon
>
> STFU

Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.

Jonah Falcon
PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.

>> >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
>> >
>> >Jonah Falcon
>>
>> STFU
>
>Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.
>
>Jonah Falcon
>PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.

Why are you posting on-topic? What's the special occasion?

On 15 Apr 2004 13:33:23 GMT, thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm (ThE AnArKrIsT)
wrote:

>>> STFU
>>
>>Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.
>>
>>Jonah Falcon
>>PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.
>
>Why are you posting on-topic? What's the special occasion?

What does STFU mean?

> >> STFU
> >
> >Sorry for not posting something related to PC sports games.
> >
> >Jonah Falcon
> >PS. 1337-speak is so 1997.
>
> Why are you posting on-topic? What's the special occasion?

GeE, wHy aM I nOt SpEaKiNg In AlTeRnAtInG cApS lIKe SoMeOnE cOoL lIkE yOu?

Jonah Falcon

>GeE, wHy aM I nOt SpEaKiNg In AlTeRnAtInG cApS lIKe SoMeOnE cOoL lIkE yOu?
>
>Jonah Falcon

You're not that cool?

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > Seems like a new OOTP game comes out every few months or so. Is this
the
> > case?
>
> (cough) Once a year. Name a sports game that doesn't.

Well, Diamond Mind Baseball and Stratomatic Baseball don't come out with new
game engines every year, just new season disks. Does that count?

See, it's this type of behavior that bothers people. Why couldn't you just
have said, "No, I believe that it comes out only once a year." What was the
point of the "(cough)?" Where did he ask how this compares to other sports
games?

JMA

> >What does STFU mean?
>
> You're kidding, right?

Why don't you just tell the guy what it means? He didn't ask if you thought
he was kidding or anything similar. He wanted to know what "STFU" meant.

Though there are more important things to know, I'd like to know myself.
And seeing that we are all such civil people, I might guess at what the last
two letters stand for.

Are the first two "Stand Tall"? :)

Alanb

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:42:41 GMT, "Alan Bernardo" <master@oforion.net>
wrote:

>"ThE AnArKrIsT" <thirdandten@aol.comNoSpAm> wrote in message
>> >What does STFU mean?
>>
>> You're kidding, right?
>
>Why don't you just tell the guy what it means? He didn't ask if you thought
>he was kidding or anything similar. He wanted to know what "STFU" meant.
>
>Though there are more important things to know, I'd like to know myself.
>And seeing that we are all such civil people, I might guess at what the last
>two letters stand for.
>
>Are the first two "Stand Tall"? :)
>
>Alanb

It is just something that I would have never thought of or used on the
internet.

Yeah, we all can't wait to hear what Jonah thinks.

"javajeff" <javajeff@city-net.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:39:01 GMT, "Jonah Falcon"
> <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> >OOTP6 will be available on Friday (4/16/03)
> >
> >Jonah Falcon
> >

> I preordered the game. I hope it is good. I used to play Season
> Ticket Baseball 2003, and thought it was fun. Do you think it will be
> much better?
>
> Regards,
>
> javajeff

He (coughed) because his hand was on his balls.

> It is just something that I would have never thought of or used on the
> internet.

I think it was probably one of those things of class separation. For
somebody who spends every waking moment on the Internet and has no actual
existence in the tangible world then"STFU" is simply second nature.

For those who do not meet the above criteria, then it is an unknown acronym.

For him .. it would be something like: 401K

He'd be stumped there.

JB

>He (coughed) because his hand was on his balls.

Actually, he (coughed) because his hand was on Sheffield's balls.

> >He (coughed) because his hand was on his balls.
>
> Actually, he (coughed) because his hand was on Sheffield's balls.

This coming from someone with ovaries.

Jonah Falcon