Question Opening NAT's on two separate devices on the same port?

swoo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am currently trying to open port 3074 via port forwarding so that both my PC and my Xbox can access their respective services with Open NAT's. First, yes, I am aware that I can't open the same port for 2 separate devices. To my understanding, you should try to port forward a port on the router or switch you're devices are trying to connect to but I tried setting the IP to my router and that didn't work. I've also tried UPNP and am not interested in running either device under a DMZ. When I try to set the port forwarding rules to the router, then the NAT is moderate on both Xbox and PC. When I assign said ruled to the PC or Xbox, then whichever one I have specifically opened that port for then Opens the NAT for that device.

My network uses the TP-LINK Deco XE75 Pro as the router and Cox is my ISP. Currently I am just switching the rules assignment depending on which ever device I am trying to use. For what it is worth, I do not need to use both devices simultaneously so if this is my only solution so be it. What I am hoping to do is to have it set and then forget about it and not have to constantly switch it back and forth.

I wanted to also add that yes, I have also tried the move where I make the internal ports 3074 on both devices while the external on one is 3074 and the other is 3075 and I still have the issue. I have tried these settings with UPNP on and off and honestly, I think I have hit my know-how here. I know some folks are going to say that TP-Link and or Mesh solutions are still kind of shit (that's fair) but I needed this solution for the size home I live in to get wifi everywhere. Is this a TP-Link issue or am I missing something?