[SOLVED] Operating system freezes

ujjwaluberoi

Prominent
Sep 5, 2018
I have an macbook air 2014 it has an dual core i5 4260u.
I had installed windows via bootcamp as i wanted better performance in games from there i had undervolted my cpu to - 0.50 voltage offset and 30.00 power limit. During the first 1 to 2months i had no issues. After i had booted to macos and then back to windows my system started freezing with the only option being forcefully shutting it down. Upon booting the voltage offset was set to default. Even in default settings my system freezes during games and even when idling. I switched back to macos and the freezing issue still remains.
I haven't tried doing a fresh install as of yet

Any solution would be appreciated ☺️

ujjwaluberoi

Prominent
Sep 5, 2018
What is CPU temperature?
Have you recently installed some software or program after which the lag started? If yes, then uninstall it and then try.
My cpu temps were in the 80s to 90s i had. Stress tested it after undervolting and there was no throttling however in the defualt settings throttling appeared ,and i havent installed anything

ujjwaluberoi

Prominent
Sep 5, 2018
I entered safe mode and figured out that intel driver assistant was causing the freezes i disabled it. Now i can access windows and just hoping it doesnt happen again 🤞
Edit it froze again :(