Opinions - storage setup for art rig?

kskerns

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Hello all,

Well, our backup HDD broke and there was some stuff on there that wife had archived nowhere else, so that sucks. But this post is not about that!

Looking at our next storage setup. Current rig includes 120g SSD for programs and a 1T HDD for files. My feeling is that 1T is not going to be enough to have full copies of all the things she wants to backup/long term archive, so I'm expecting to buy two drives. At least one of them will need to be mobile to bring to work as needed. Home computer is a PC with access to USB3.0 and ESATA.

What would you do? A 2/3T internal and a second external? Two external? One normal drive and one like Seagate's Backup Plus series to continually archive?

Thanks,
KK

You need two HDD for safety, one external for bring to work, other one take the Seagate's Backup Plus series.

I do copy my important documents to two separately HDD too due to loss of the data before.

kskerns

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks for the input.

Aren't the Backup Plus all external? So you use two externals? Do you leave them plugged in fulltime for Continuous Backup or do you only hook up your archive drive once a week or such to back everything up that had been done?

I don't use the continuous backup one. I use one internal and other external, when I have the new data I do backup right the way on both of them.

Also I do the PC backup once a week too.