Optimal fans for H60 push-pull configuration.

darksulfur5

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I've built many computers, so dont need help with anything of that sort, thank you. However, this is the first time I'm using an all in one liquid cooler (I have an overclocked 2500k, my aging zalman tower cooler finally gave out, the fan failed, the fins seemed brittle from heat shock and it just wasn't cutting it. So I replaced it with an H60, got it on sale for $50 shipped to my doorstep with free overnight delivery :pt1cable: ). I know when you have restricted airflow (ie: a fan pushing air through a radiator), its best to have a static pressure fan doing the pushing. But how about when its in a push-pull configuration? I mean One is going to take fresh air from outside and push it through the radiator so that would have to be a static pressure fan. However, what of the other fan that's pulling air from the radiator and dumping it into the case? Would a high airflow fan work better for that second part? I guess my question is should I have 2 Static Pressure fans or one static+one high airflow fan?

I'm most likely getting corsair fans because they are reasonably priced, high quality, looks nice, and have rubberized mounts for reduced noise/vibration.

If any of you have suggestions as to any other fans that perform better than Corsair fans for a similar price, let me know (note: I can get twin packs of the corsair fans for $22 delivered to my doorstep and Im a bit short on money right now. Fresh out of university, havent gotten my first months pay as an electrical engineer so consider me a poor man for now).
Thanks in advance! :bounce:

Solution
Well, actually the NZXT performance fan is half the price of a corsair SP and still viable. ;)

They really should have tested a few more fans, that selection is way to small.

I'm missing Prolimatech Vortex fans, Cougar Vortex fans, ...

You should really take a look at the Cougar fans before deciding (silent, high pressure, high airflow). ;)

darksulfur5

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010

Long story short, nearly everyone but corsair sucks at making fans that work well with corsair water blocks (other than more expensive fans). Ok, so I guess I'll be getting these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027 but from a different source. I'll wait one more day just to see if someone disagrees and provides other reasons. Thanks guys!

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Well, actually the NZXT performance fan is half the price of a corsair SP and still viable. ;)

They really should have tested a few more fans, that selection is way to small.

I'm missing Prolimatech Vortex fans, Cougar Vortex fans, ...

You should really take a look at the Cougar fans before deciding (silent, high pressure, high airflow). ;)

Solution

darksulfur5

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Yeah, right after posting that I remembered there were some Cougar fans in my other build that were very quiet yet worked very well so i already started looking into them. And also, the article is missing the supposed king of rad fan companies: Scythe. Can anyone tell me how the Cougar fans perform compared to Corsair? How about some scythe fans? (The Ap-15 ad Ap-14 have been discontinued, they were supposedly the best fans for radiators). And as I said, I can get 2 corsair SP fans for $24, so keep it in that range please.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10323/fan-674/Scythe_Gentle_Typhoon_120mm_x_25mm_Fan_-_1850_RPM_D1225C12B5AP-15_Hot_Item_.html?id=UGYq8hoN