Question Orange DRAM Light and No Display

Aug 28, 2024
Building my first PC - everything was going smoothly. When I went to switch it on for the first time, the all fans spun (CPU Cooler, Case, and GPU), but an orange DRAM light came on on the motherboard. When I plugged the HDMI cable into the GPU, there was no display or HDMI connection detected.

My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core
Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE
TUF Gaming B650-E Wifi Motherboard
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 SSD
Gigabyte Windforce OC Geforce RTX 4070 12 GB
Corsair RM750e PSU
FlareX5 DDR5-60000 CL32 16GB

I've tried all the suggestions in the stickied guide about no display issues, and have not had any success. I'm hoping someone here has had an identical issue, as I believe it's a tossup between the motherboard, CPU, or RAM being defective out of the box. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Building my first PC - everything was going smoothly. When I went to switch it on for the first time, the all fans spun (CPU Cooler, Case, and GPU), but an orange DRAM light came on on the motherboard. When I plugged the HDMI cable into the GPU, there was no display or HDMI connection detected.

My specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core
Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120SE
TUF Gaming B650-E Wifi Motherboard
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 SSD
Gigabyte Windforce OC Geforce RTX 4070 12 GB
Corsair RM750e PSU
FlareX5 DDR5-60000 CL32 16GB

I've tried all the suggestions in the stickied guide about no display issues, and have not had any success. I'm hoping someone here has had an identical issue, as I believe it's a tossup between the motherboard, CPU, or RAM being defective out of the box. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Make sure ram is running in 2 and 4 ram 2 being second from CPU cooler 4 being the last