[SOLVED] Orientation of Seasonic 500 W PSU in my PC case ?

OmahaMax

Commendable
Jun 5, 2019
I am mounting this PSU on the bottom of a Fractal Focus G case which has ventilation holes on the case bottom. According to the Seasonic install guide, "Normal" mode mounting allows the fan and ventilation top cover of the PSU facing downwards. According to PC Part Picker, my total wattage load is 229 watts, if that makes any difference.

Solution
According to Seasonic's instructions below I should mount the fan/ventilation facing the case bottom:
That is correct.
Allow the PSU to draw air in from the outside...the bottom, and blow out the back.

Let it cool itself, and lest the rest of the system do its own thing.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

As I understand your post the question is about being able to mount the PSU upside down - correct?

This case?

file:///C:/Users/Don/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads/2dc64107-9912-40a4-9456-d14028c50faf/Focus%20G%20Manual_V1.1_web_version_20170616.pdf

This PSU?

https://seasonic.com/pub/media/pdf/consumer/user-manual/multilingual-user-manual.pdf

Double check the installation instructions. (Do verify that I found the correct installation links above).

Then, if the mounting requirements are not clear, take a couple of photographs and post the photographs here using imgur (www.imgur.com) to show how you plan to mount the PSU.

I think a case bottom PSU mounted upside down would have very restricted air flows and immediate heat problems.

OmahaMax

Commendable
Jun 5, 2019
As I understand your post the question is about being able to mount the PSU upside down - correct?

Actually, my question is whether I should ignore the Seasonic instructions which I reworded in my original post. I do have ventilation on the bottom of the case, and I will be operating the PSU in normal mode. According to Seasonic's instructions below I should mount the fan/ventilation facing the case bottom:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11jujNgnITL8zkr6JC40zA8i4Sgsu9Lfq/view?usp=sharing

Hardware:
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
MotherBrd ASUS TUF B450-PLUS Gaming AMD AM4
Graphics Gigabyte GV-N1030OC-2GI Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 OC 2G
Mem G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz
HD Western Digital NVMe M.2 2280 500GB Internal Solid State Drive
M.2 Screws
Power Seasonic 512111 500 SSR-500GB3 500W 80+ Bronze
Case Fractal Design Focus G FD-CA-FOCUS-GY-W GrayATX Mid Tower

Thanks for your help.