Origin's EON17 Laptop Has Maxed Out Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
17.3 Full HD LED Backlit 16:9 Widescreen, 1920 x 1080

W T F

1080 should only be used by CHEAP 17+ inch laptops, not these. 1920x1200 should be the min given the size

puscifer919

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]heilhitler88[/nom]overrated [/citation]
Fast computers are overrated? Or are you just mad because you can't afford one?

rebb

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Sounds like a sweet desktop replacement, and the prices are competitive too. I can't imagine the battery would last more than a few minutes while gaming though.

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I'd prefer a car, or maybe a house, but it's not up to be the what they wanted it to be if it's only LED backlight, you don't use 3 SSDs in RAID, & where is that docking station BTW? If I could afford this, just for fun, I'd ask Honda to send me one of those 99% silicon refurbish Victoria's Secret robots to deliver the thing ;-)

ray-ng

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
I'm not much when it comes to desktop-laptop GPU comparisions (except I know that desktop>laptop GPUs anyday, anytime), so I'm wondering, how does 2 gtx 480M's compare to a single gtx 480, 470, and 460??

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Not sure about the target population.
is it for gaming purpose or development purpose?
24Gb = Dev (running VMs), but not the video card
980x and GTX480 is for gamers, but not the memory...

so what is the usage for this computer?

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
This is just a clevo x7200......Toms hardware does an attrocious job pointing this out when ever they review clevo laptops....they act like the company selling it engineered it from the ground up when all they really did is through their sticker on the lid and offer a warranty.

Articles like this make people think toms gets paid for these "advertisements"

And I am totally pro laptops, read my comments in the M17x review, this is just unimpressive (the article, not the laptop, the laptop is awesome)

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
starting price... 500 bucks over what i paid for my car. nice laptop but much better places to spend that kind of money, but if you need a ncie laptop this would work... though i do question like willgart that much ram and gaming gpu ... kinda a bragging rights on the ram for a gamer and so en engeneer can talk his company into this then game on it maybe... its an odd choice for sure

rwmunchkin12788

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
At those prices I might as well spend less than half that for an awesome desktop and then pay a buddy 1500 dollars to build a carrying case to transport it. :p

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
[citation][nom]G00fysmiley[/nom]starting price... 500 bucks over what i paid for my car. nice laptop but much better places to spend that kind of money, but if you need a ncie laptop this would work... though i do question like willgart that much ram and gaming gpu ... kinda a bragging rights on the ram for a gamer and so en engeneer can talk his company into this then game on it maybe... its an odd choice for sure[/citation]
What's the car and what model? 2000$ for a car sounds nice as long as it's not a ****** old car that's been used by two dozen other people.
The starting price seems great though when I look at it first hand, even with 2x460's it seems like a decent price seeing as it's a laptop. Then you try pushing on the actual 24gb and extra's from the starting point and you start going, "Ahh, dreams gone."

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Sabiancym[/nom]I'd rather carry around my 50 lb desktop.[/citation]
Try flying with it....this fits in a backpack (And has screen, mouse/keyboard, ups, speakers all included)

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]willgart[/nom]Not sure about the target population.is it for gaming purpose or development purpose?24Gb = Dev (running VMs), but not the video card980x and GTX480 is for gamers, but not the memory...so what is the usage for this computer?[/citation]
you can choose what GPU you want and how much memory you want. So if you want it for gaming you only buy 6 GB of DDR3 and the best GPU but if you want it for VM you buy the cheapest GPU and lots of memory

casperstouch

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
too, bad I already have a great desktop and now don't have that much cash just laying around. That is the type of laptop I would like to see in more places to compare prices. It diffidently has the everything I would need for programming, work, video editing, home, gaming, school/college, and media. For a laptop it is a must to be able to connect to my 50" in the living room wirelessly.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i bet this thing weighs at least 30lbs[/citation]
15 with the power supply. Instead of betting you could just do 30 seconds worth of researching before trying to make the laptop look bad

G

and you get a free bottle of muscle gain formula to assist you with making the laptop mobile.....

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]dalta centauri[/nom]What's the car and what model? 2000$ for a car sounds nice as long as it's not a ****** old car that's been used by two dozen other people.The starting price seems great though when I look at it first hand, even with 2x460's it seems like a decent price seeing as it's a laptop. Then you try pushing on the actual 24gb and extra's from the starting point and you start going, "Ahh, dreams gone."[/citation]

93 camaro v6 :D

needed a new water pump and thermostat to get it running righ tbut she runs great looks great and i'm the 3rd owner

as for the laptop yea its crazy nice i just question the amount or available ram and graphics card combo seems liek they's want an enterprise series and a gaming series this kinda fits both with a price tag to match

Status
Not open for further replies.