Question OS on Hdd, trying to get it on 4096 byte/ sector ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2019
I got a sabrent nvme pcie m.2 2280 ssd drive and I was trying to clone the os from an hhd to it. It came up that it was a different storage size and wouldn't work. I found a thread here that suggested making an image of the hhd instead, to get past the difference in bytes/sector issue. I tried to take and image and use it on a Sabrent rocket nvme 1 tb ssd, and it didn't work. Says it's incompatible. It turns out there is a 4096 bytes per sector ssd out there that doesn't use 512e and of course, I found it. Not real sure what to do. Any help from ya'll would be fantastic.

jmw.ppr

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
Contacting Sabrent may be a good bet, as they WANT you to be happy with their product. Their technical support staff may well be able to offer you a specific work-around to get you up and running off your new drive as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Letting us know precisely what utility you used to attempt the clone, as well as the make and model of the SSD you are trying to clone may also help others here to help you.

I'm rather curious to know the answer to this too. <Thread Followed>

Apr 15, 2019
i just sent a ticket to sabrent because i'm on the same boat. macrium won't work, says the image cannot be restored to the sabrent as it's incompatible. i will contact macrium too

Status
Not open for further replies.