Question "Out of range" error on second display after changing gpus.

Feb 14, 2024
Hello! I have recently upgraded from a 1050Ti to a RX 7800XT. I have two displays - my primary is a 165hz curved msi panel and the other one is my graphics tablet - huion kamvas 20, which ontop of drawing i use for having apps on the side while gaming, obviously. My primary display has no issues, while the graphics tablet either displays an out of range error or uses the wrong resolution after every restart/boot. It fixes itself when i change the refresh rate in windows settings to 50hz and then back to 60hz and works fine afterwarss, so its more of an annoyance than anything, but im still hoping to get it to work normally.

The msi monitor is connected trough DP, the graphics tablet uses HDMI, directly to the gpu.

I have done DDU in safe mode prior to switching gpus. The error initially alao displayed before installing the drivers, went away after finishing the installation and came back when i restarted.
Has been like this ever since on basically every restart.

Both displays are 1080p
Primary is up to 165hz, secondary is 60hz
Primary has FreeSync Premium enabled and color enchancment set to vivid gaming. The tablet has everything as deafult settings.
For the gpu ive enabled anti-lag and image sharpening (set to 90%), and enabled enchanced sync.
I have also auto overclocked both ny gpu and cpu.
I left basically every other setting on the deafult value besides the recordnibg settings.

Again it fixes itself when i switch the refresh rate for the secondary monitor - its just a bit annoying. Doesnt matter what i seitch it to, i just have to switch, works fine afterwards even if i switch back to 60hz.

Thanks for any and all help in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.