Question Out of the Blue BSODs (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, KMODE, etc.)

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Hi all,

I have a relatively new build, built in February 2021, with seemingly no issues thus far until recently. A ton of BSODs. I'm a freelance composer, and need this PC for work purposes (using Cubase, other audio production softwares), so any help would be greatly appreciated!

The build:

MOBO: ASUS ROG Z490-E
CPU: i9-10900k
GPU: RTX 3070
RAM: HyperX Predator 128GB 3600MHz DDR4 CL18 DIMM (Kit of 4) XMP HX436C18PB3K4/128, Black
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-XR 80+ GOLD 1000W

STORAGE: A bunch of SAMSUNG 850 EVO’s, 500gb each (boot drive included). Shizuku Crystaldisk said the C drive is at 97% health. It’s my oldest drive, likely.

Here are my memory dumps:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15U_Owad5VsHB8HlLBZ86Egz-HkUl4ZxV?usp=sharing

Ran MemTest86 with flying colors. No issues there after 4 test passes. Tried running CHKDSK, but got a crash during that process, as well.

On the 14th I was getting a TON of BSODs seemingly random. Sometimes it'd happen while booting. Other times it'd happen while exporting a file. Sometimes it wouldn't even go to POST without holding down the power button and rebooting shortly after.

I reseated everything, switched out my PSU power cord (heard a static discharge from the previous cable when plugging it in, so I thought maybe there was something wrong with the cable), which oddly seemed to help for a couple of days. I purchased a new PSU thinking that maybe there's something wrong with mine? I've had mine for just shy of 5 years. Then tonight I was playing a game and it BSOD'd randomly. Game crashed, shortly followed by the BSOD. Thought maybe it was a faulty power cord which my PC was maybe not getting enough power, but tonight's BSOD disproved that.

Thank you in advance! Here are the messages from WhoCrashed, just in case they provide any additional insight.

On Fri 7/16/2021 9:31:51 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x12A6C6)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803650273B8, 0xFFFFFD0A727669D8, 0xFFFFC480EA7BF920)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071621-16062-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F6F20)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803650273B8, 0xFFFFFD0A727669D8, 0xFFFFC480EA7BF920)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/14/2021 5:18:01 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-10437-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF804781FEE57, 0xFFFF858DB68DD750, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/14/2021 12:26:24 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-9203-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hidclass.sys (0xFFFFF8026AB85857)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8026AB85857, 0x1, 0xFFFF880AF82B5148)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\hidclass.sys
description: Hid Class Library
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/14/2021 11:01:05 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-6937-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80577223F85, 0xFFFFD501F151EDB0, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

On Wed 7/14/2021 10:55:41 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-8906-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF807295FE428, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating (thermal issue) or because of a buggy driver.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a relatively new build, built in February 2021, with seemingly no issues thus far until recently. A ton of BSODs. I'm a freelance composer, and need this PC for work purposes (using Cubase, other audio production softwares), so any help would be greatly appreciated!

The build:

MOBO: ASUS ROG Z490-E
CPU: i9-10900k
GPU: RTX 3070
RAM: 4x 32GB (totaling 128GB)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-XR 80+ GOLD 1000W

Here are my memory dumps:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15U_Owad5VsHB8HlLBZ86Egz-HkUl4ZxV?usp=sharing

Ran MemTest86 with flying colors. No issues there after 4 test passes. Tried running CHKDSK, but got a crash during that process, as well.

On the 14th I was getting a TON of BSODs seemingly random. Sometimes it'd happen while booting. Other times it'd happen while exporting a file. Sometimes it wouldn't even go to POST without holding down the power button and rebooting shortly after.

I reseated everything, switched out my PSU power cord (heard a static discharge from the previous cable when plugging it in, so I thought maybe there was something wrong with the cable), which oddly seemed to help for a couple of days. I purchased a new PSU thinking that maybe there's something wrong with mine? I've had mine for just shy of 5 years. Then tonight I was playing a game and it BSOD'd randomly. Game crashed, shortly followed by the BSOD. Thought maybe it was a faulty power cord which my PC was maybe not getting enough power, but tonight's BSOD disproved that.

Thank you in advance! Here are the messages from WhoCrashed, just in case they provide any additional insight.

This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x12A6C6)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803650273B8, 0xFFFFFD0A727669D8, 0xFFFFC480EA7BF920)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071621-16062-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF803650273B8, 0xFFFFFD0A727669D8, 0xFFFFC480EA7BF920)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

On Wed 7/14/2021 5:18:01 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-10437-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF804781FEE57, 0xFFFF858DB68DD750, 0x0)

On Wed 7/14/2021 12:26:24 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-9203-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hidclass.sys (0xFFFFF8026AB85857)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8026AB85857, 0x1, 0xFFFF880AF82B5148)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\hidclass.sys
description: Hid Class Library
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/14/2021 11:01:05 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-6937-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80577223F85, 0xFFFFD501F151EDB0, 0x0)

On Wed 7/14/2021 10:55:41 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071421-8906-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF807295FE428, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
From the dumps that im seeing that you posted it looks like windows itself just crashed.... Do you move this pc around alot??? If so it is probably from being shutdown and disassembled imporperly. So windows system files have crashed. When disassembling a pc you have to make sure it's fully powered off and no power corsing through it all

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
I don’t move this PC around at all. Freshly built in February. Fully powered off before doing anything on the inside. I always shut down by shutting it down correctly. Turn off PSU switch, unplug it, let the electricity fully dissipate (my GPU’s aura lights are a good indicator of this).

Does this warrant a reinstall of Windows because of corrupt system files? I’d prefer to avoid that, if possible. Could it be a power / PSU issue, maybe?

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
A quick update:

This morning I was running Prime95 just to try to recreate a BSOD....no BSOD, but when the displays turned off after the scheduled 15 minutes, when I moved my mouse around, they didn't come back on. I uninstalled USB drivers one by one (my mouse would disconnect so I had to hard-reset after each one). Looked at the MOBO error number light, and saw "9A," which apparently means "USB initialization is started." Maybe something potentially wrong with my front USB ports on the case? I had an Anker 4-port USB hub connected to the front, but have since disconnected it in case it was causing additional issues.

Ran SFC scannow with no issues. Ran DISM with no issues. Did a CMOS reset, as I updated the BIOS last month (simply to try to 'undo' that). I noticed that my iLok and some plugin licenses now see that my PC is a "new" PC. Messages like "Be sure to reassign your iLok to a new computer before disconnecting," and things of that nature.

Might do another MemTest just to double check, but Prime95 has been going okay. That display issue I mentioned when the monitors would turn off hasn't happened yet....

Eager to see if anyone else can do a deep dive into the Memory Dumps. Just wanted to provide some level of progress/steps taken already.

Last edited:

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
one bsod mentioned HID class which is either Keyboard/mouse or other USB devices.

who crashed only ever shows what crashed, not why. I have asked a friend to convert the dumps and see if they show any clues.

Thank you so much! I appreciate that. I seem to get occasional hitches when logging into Windows (the little circle that spins after entering your password) if there's something plugged into the case's front USB ports. Not 100% of the time. But every so often.

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
do you have the latest bios for motherboard?
is it this one? https://rog.asus.com/au/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z490-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios

what USB devices do you have?
what do you plug into front ports?
what case do you have (although i don't know if that matters)

USB is built into windows so it should only be a USB driver for a device that could be to blame.

I reset the CMOS so my BIOS is back to default, and so far, no BSOD's today. However, I definitely didn't have that BIOS before doing the CMOS reset. Looks like that came out in June. My last BIOS update was in April or May, I think.

My case is an NZXT Source 530. Not even sure they sell them anymore. Got this in 2016 or so.

USB devices:
iLok USB (plugged into MOBO I/O)
eLicenser (plugged into MOBO I/O)
Net-Dyn AC1200 Wireless USB adapter (plugged into front of case)
Focusrite 2i2, 2nd Gen (plugged into MOBO I/O)
Gigaware Keyboard (plugged into MOBO I/O)
Zelotes Mouse (plugged into MOBO I/O)
Two external Hard Drives for backups (plugged into MOBO I/O)

Yesterday / during the BSOD escapade, I was also using an Anker 4-port USB Hub, plugged into the front. I had a MIDI Keyboard, my WiFi USB Adapter linked above, and one of my external hard drives. I have since unplugged the USB hub, wondering if it could've been causing some issues.

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
CMOS reset won't change BIOS version, all it does is resets the settings in the bios. You should still have same version.

once my friend has converted the file for me, I will see what the dumps show us.

Oh, okay! Good to know. I will await to update BIOS — I'd first like to see what your friend says. Thank you for the help so far!

Colif

Win 11 Master
My friend has really slow internet, is there any chance you can separate the mini dump files into another zip without memory.dmp being included?

otherwise it will slow down his response time. he would have answered by now otherwise.

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/nt908rjy/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:071621-16062-01.dmp (Jul 16 2021 - 21:31:51)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File information:071421-9203-01.dmp (Jul 14 2021 - 12:26:24)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

File information:071421-8906-01.dmp (Jul 14 2021 - 10:55:41)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: DtsApo4Service.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 29 Sec(s)

File information:071421-6937-01.dmp (Jul 14 2021 - 11:01:05)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: LogonUI.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

File information:071421-10437-01.dmp (Jul 14 2021 - 17:18:01)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: HWMonitor.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 01 Sec(s)
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-z490-e-gaming-model/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 2103 and the latest is version 2201. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
so the crash that who crashed showed HID class in isn't showing it in dumps. it could still be a clue

WdFilter.sys caused one crash... its windows defender, which is odd

try running samsung Magician on your ssd, run diagnostics - https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

crash 1 appears to be on the drives.

your webcam software getting old
Jun 26 2009synusb64.sysSteinberg Anti Piracy driver or Suyin USB Webcam 64-bit driver
I seen this cause errors
Nov 12 2018dtlitescsibus.sysDAEMON Tools Lite Virtual SCSI Bus (Disc Soft Ltd)
Nov 26 2018dtliteusbbus.sysDAEMON Tools Lite Virtual USB Bus (Disc Soft Ltd)
WIFI adapter drivers
Jul 29 2019rtwlanu.sysRealtek WLAN USB NDIS Driver https://www.realtek.com/en/

I seem to get occasional hitches when logging into Windows (the little circle that spins after entering your password) if there's something plugged into the case's front USB ports.
could be the cause of slow down is the adapter
Realtek chipset = Realtek 8812BU Newest drivers are older than what you have... magic - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8812bu-software

The date thing is easy explained, Net-Dyn's installer has a newer date. its pretty common for the card makers to rename/number drivers. Its what it makes it fun figuring out who actually made the chips/drivers. I often have to look on LInux wikis to find it.

You may find you need a new WIFI card. I would get one marked
  • WIFI6
  • AX
  • AC2100
they all mean same thing, latest WIFI standard. Will cost more and you might find you need a PCI card, as I don't think they exist yet as USB only. You shouldn't need to buy another one in a rush.

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Thank you for this info! I’m on vacation at the moment, but I will try reinstalling some of the drivers you mentioned.

I’ll try the Samsung magician, too. I will keep you and the previous responders posted with any updates!

Not sure what to think about the memory_corruption for the System. It all seems to be driver related.

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
your webcam software getting old
Jun 26 2009synusb64.sysSteinberg Anti Piracy driver or Suyin USB Webcam 64-bit driver

Thanks for all the input! I wanted to comment on this, namely, as it's a USB device that acts as a 'key' to use a certain software (Cubase 11 Pro). The USB device itself is VERY old, so I just purchased a newer one. I reinstalled the associated software. Maybe it'll help!

The Samsung magician diagnostic won't work on my SSD that has Windows installed (an older model).

Secondly, I returned from vacation last night. Booted up my PC with no issues. A storm blew in and the power shut off/on/off/on/off/on a few times. My PC was off, so I didn't think anything of it.

First boot this morning, and I get the following BSOD (attached here as a DMP file). Hopefully no hardware was ruined with the power outages.... No idea what's going on with this. Did a second boot, and I'm here typing this out.

Looking forward to further thoughts.

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows 10 by default isn't off when you turn it off, its in a hybrid hibernate mode so its still getting power. Being powered off in that mode can have negative effects. I generally unplug my pc during storms as although I have a surge protector, its only good for one shock and I prefer to save my money and PC. Saves it from unnecessary repairs.

I will send a reminder to gardenman to look at dump, we see what it shows.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/yra6n0v7/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:080721-9359-01.dmp (Aug 7 2021 - 09:15:50)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IOMap64.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: GpuFanHelper.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
windows 10 by default isn't off when you turn it off, its in a hybrid hibernate mode so its still getting power. Being powered off in that mode can have negative effects. I generally unplug my pc during storms as although I have a surge protector, its only good for one shock and I prefer to save my money and PC. Saves it from unnecessary repairs.

I will send a reminder to gardenman to look at dump, we see what it shows.

oh wow! I didn’t realize that about Windows 10. Thank you for the heads up. Fortunately, no surges, just power outages. This is good to know nonetheless.

Looking at the DMP analysis, the comment basically just says I have a software installed. AI Suite comes with the Motherboard, basically. Is it something I don’t want? So far no BSOD’s since.

Thank you all for your help, as always! Y’all are too good to us novices :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
don't need AI suite if you don't use it. Take it off. Its mainly for fan control and can be used for overclocking but its best to either of those from BIOS.

since you boot off SSD, you don't need fast startup, its mainly for hdd - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html
then once its off, you can have outages and not worry that windows might not work after. Still not sure I would leave pc plugged in but that is just me trying to avoid unnecessary repairs. I prefer to not have pc during a storm than for a few days after

I never have fast startup on as with NVME it makes no difference. Its not needed.

amanfr01

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2014
Hi everybody and @Colif ,

It's been a while. For a long time, no BSOD's were happening. I even upgraded a couple of dongles (still waiting to get a new WiFi Adapter. Just ordered one). Was playing a game just fine yesterday. Played the same game today and it crashed midway through, followed immediately by a BSOD.

BSODs randomly started cropping up again this morning, primarily when gaming. I didn't have any issues for nearly two months until this morning. Uninstalled my GPU drivers and reinstalled them. Same thing with my Audio Drivers. Ran SFC Scannow, ChkDsk, and DISM. Still got a BSOD. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Latest minidumps can be found here.

Big MEMORY.DMP can be found here.

Did a Prime95 "Blend" which caused another BSOD. Please advise! Thank you!

WhoCrashed provided this information:

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sat 10/2/2021 1:22:40 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100221-11890-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F71B0)
Bugcheck code: 0x13A (0x9, 0xFFFF938D9B200000, 0xFFFF938DAE053490, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.

On Sat 10/2/2021 1:22:40 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys (FLTMGR!FltGetFileNameInformationUnsafe+0x5F1)
Bugcheck code: 0x13A (0x9, 0xFFFF938D9B200000, 0xFFFF938DAE053490, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.

On Sat 10/2/2021 8:39:16 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100221-13531-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F71B0)
Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFF840CD34478B0, 0xFFFF840CD3447808, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

On Sat 10/2/2021 8:18:28 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100221-13609-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (0xFFFFF8077E925A53)
Bugcheck code: 0x34 (0x51384, 0xFFFFEE82FBF76E58, 0xFFFFEE82FBF76690, 0xFFFFF8077E925A53)
Error: CACHE_MANAGER
Bug check description: This indicates that a problem occurred in the file system's cache manager.

On Sat 10/2/2021 8:07:03 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100221-15500-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: bam.sys (0xFFFFF8052A9CA3F7)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8052A9CA3F7, 0xFFFF9A81F0CE5D80, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bam.sys
description: BAM Kernel Driver

The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupted:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100221-14812-01.dmp

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
I think Colif has been busy lately so it may be a day or two before he replies.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/unowy0ht/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:100221-15500-01.dmp (Oct 2 2021 - 08:07:03)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: services.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File information:100221-13609-01.dmp (Oct 2 2021 - 08:18:28)
Bugcheck:CACHE_MANAGER (34)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File information:100221-13531-01.dmp (Oct 2 2021 - 08:39:16)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: UnityCrashHandler64.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 00 Sec(s)

File information:100221-11890-01.dmp (Oct 2 2021 - 13:22:40)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION (13A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: prime95.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

The following dump file is 0 bytes long which means it's invalid:
100221-14812-01.dmp
Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2 or Armoury Crate)