Question "outstanding" benchmark... but "performing below expectations"?

Oct 6, 2020
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/36003878

How is this possible? I thought I bought the very best SSD! But I ran a "Test your PC" on userbenchmark.com and it is telling me that it's performing 26th percentile below expectations?
Also I really feel like my CPU is the reason why my games lag when there's too much activity going on onscreen, because on task manager I see the graph spikes up to 100% frequently (CPU) and I hear a "BZZZZ" when it lags for a second. However, userbenchmark.com says my CPU is "excellent" and "performing above expectations", whereas it's saying that my GPU is "poor" and performing below expectations, despite my GPU graph (on task manager) being always low, never spiking even when the lags occur. Could the lag be caused by the CPU and not the GPU? Or is it the GPU the only problem, despite not being obvious on the task manager?
I have a GeForce GTX 1660 Super arriving soon, hopefully that will eliminate the problems, but I have a suspicion that it won't because I believe the CPU is the bottle neck!
I only play Call of Duty Mobile using Gameloop on medium settings

Oct 6, 2020
"the very best SSD " ?
BX500 is not 'the very best'.

Mediocre. But that is not the "problem".

Firmware up to date on it?

How do I update the firmware? I installed the SSD today brand new. Do I go to Device Manager, then right click the SSD then click "Update driver" then "Search automatically for drivers"? I did that and it says I already have the best driver installed.

Oct 6, 2020
oh wait wait wait no you saw the wrong one lol it was the 'Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB", yeah I know the old ssd was crap thats why I bought the new one haha
See the image below:
See how it says "performing below expectations"? Why is that? How do I improve it? Is it due to a bottleneck from another component on my pc?
4LgjE86.png

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020
oh wait wait wait no you saw the wrong one lol it was the 'Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB", yeah I know the old ssd was crap thats why I bought the new one haha
See the image below:
See how it says "performing below expectations"? Why is that? How do I improve it? Is it due to a bottleneck from another component on my pc?
4LgjE86.png
I have this problem also.