Overclock Acer Aspire 7740 i5 m430

gorillaz12

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
Hi guys, id like to overclock my intel i5 m430 running currently at 2.27GHz
My bios doesnt allow me to change anything and i cant find anything about overclocking this cpu. Any tips?
Thanks!
(My laptop is the acer aspire 7740)

Solution
Most laptops don't have a motherboard that includes a bios intended for overclocking which is probably why you can't find oc settings. You should also use a k series cpu for overclocking, non k don't feature unlocked multipliers. This is expected with a laptop which uses such a small case with limited cooling and a cpu cooler barely capable of keeping a lower power cpu cool. Even if you had access to overclock settings it would likely overheat and thermal throttle.
Most laptops don't have a motherboard that includes a bios intended for overclocking which is probably why you can't find oc settings. You should also use a k series cpu for overclocking, non k don't feature unlocked multipliers. This is expected with a laptop which uses such a small case with limited cooling and a cpu cooler barely capable of keeping a lower power cpu cool. Even if you had access to overclock settings it would likely overheat and thermal throttle.

Solution