[SOLVED] Overclocked Ryzen 3 2200G

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2020
Hi all !

Hopefully you guys doing good in this pandemic situations..

Wanna ask about overclocking my CPU.. so I have Ryzen 3 2200G and want to overclocked it to 3.8 gHz..

What i want to ask is if i OC the core, do i need to OC the IGP (Vega 8 Integrated Graphics that come with the cpu) also ? Or i can do only with the core ?

Also i already use a rx 570 4gb (non OC) and running my XMP dual channel RAM @ 3000 mHz..

Thank you for your attention !
Looking forward for the reply !

Solution
Generally 2200g don't seem to overclock far.

You may be able to push 3.8ghz or 3.9ghz, but what clocks you can use and what voltages you need varies.

Id set the multiplier at 39 and voltage to 1.4v. Stress with prime 95 small fft while monitoring temps with Ryzen master. If stable and under 85c, try to find the lowest voltage your CPU can do 3.9ghz at. If not stable and or overheating, back off to 3.8ghz
Hi all !

Hopefully you guys doing good in this pandemic situations..

Wanna ask about overclocking my CPU.. so I have Ryzen 3 2200G and want to overclocked it to 3.8 gHz..

What i want to ask is if i OC the core, do i need to OC the IGP (Vega 8 Integrated Graphics that come with the cpu) also ? Or i can do only with the core ?

Also i already use a rx 570 4gb (non OC) and running my XMP dual channel RAM @ 3000 mHz..

Thank you for your attention !
Looking forward for the reply !

The CPU and iGPU overclock independently.

Reactions: RaySugih97
May 3, 2020
Hi all !

Thanks for the replies..
Really appreciate the answers..
I would go OC the core and wouldnt do anything with the igpu..

Any ideas what gHz and Volt that ryzen 3 2200G can be stable on OC ?

Once again thanks for the answer :)

Generally 2200g don't seem to overclock far.

You may be able to push 3.8ghz or 3.9ghz, but what clocks you can use and what voltages you need varies.

Id set the multiplier at 39 and voltage to 1.4v. Stress with prime 95 small fft while monitoring temps with Ryzen master. If stable and under 85c, try to find the lowest voltage your CPU can do 3.9ghz at. If not stable and or overheating, back off to 3.8ghz

Solution
Hi all !

Thanks for the replies..
Really appreciate the answers..
I would go OC the core and wouldnt do anything with the igpu..

Any ideas what gHz and Volt that ryzen 3 2200G can be stable on OC ?

Once again thanks for the answer :)
2200's use 1st gen cores so 1.38 is an ideal Vcore limit, but 1.425V absolute max if you keep temperatures at 70C or below. Use those as a VCore guidelines then find a stable frequency that's going to be unique to your CPU.

As you might expect, driving that absolute max in a heavy load will shorten CPU life quite considerably. So it's your call where you want to fall between 1.38 and 1.425. For my 1700 (also 1st gen cores) I'm not too worried about the voltage because I have a really 'droopy' motherboard it sits on. So at low-loads VCore is up around 1.425V but it's not driving very high core current and temperature is low. At high loads, where core current and temperature is much higher, it droops all the way down to 1.3V so it's well into a safer range.

Last edited:
Hi guys !

Sorry for the late reply because im kinda busy with working..

Thanks for all your knowledge ! I think i will go 3.8 ghz with 1.35 V
Be sure to test stability, several hours of Real Bench stability test along with 5-10 min's or so of Prime95. Prime95 isn't very realistic so there's really no need to run it for a long time. But you might come across an an occasional all-core AVX heavy workload...maybe decompressing some files for instance...and you'll want to know it handles it without crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.