Overclocked Ryzen 5 2600 Temperature Query

PAULO40

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Hi All
Just a quick query that I need advice on regarding my overclocked Ryzen 5 2600 CPU temperatures. I've successfully overclocked it to 4.1GHz on 1.425V and performed a 30 minute stress test. The maximum temperature the CPU got to was dead on 70.0'C, would this be classed as a safe operating temperature? From what I've read as long as it stays below the 75'C to 80'C mark then all is fine, however with this being my first overclocking effort I would appreciate some confirmation of this.
Any comments would be very welcome, and thanks in advance.

Temp builds over time, with 30 min you maxed the heatsinks, but temp inside your case was still rising.
Leave it overnight if possible.

aswindamara

Upstanding
Mar 16, 2018
Safe Voltage for daily use on AMD is 1.4V dont get higher than 1.4V, because your VRM might be gonna overheated if you using bad Motherboard. unless you have water cooling and good airflow for your PC. Overclocking is easy, but you need to know the basic stuff to do that. Like VRM Temperature, How much voltage your CPU and Motherboard can handle the voltage. Good Luck.

PAULO40

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Cheers for all the suggestions.
I'll definitely perform a longer stress test then, plus from what you have said the voltage needs to be lowered slightly, so I will do that as well. I'm using a Cooler Master AIO water cooler and have one 120mm and 1 80mm intake fans and two 80mm exhaust fans. I am able to put a 120mm fan on the side of the case for intake or exhaust. which method would you suggest?

PAULO40

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Right, done a 6 hour stress test and the hottest temperature the cpu go to was 71.3'C, this was with dropping the voltage to 1.38V at 4.00GHz. Everything seemed very stable too so I reckon there's room to overclock more, but I'll leave it as is for now and see how the system performs.

PAULO40

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Another up date here!
Duh, stupid me, I looked at my cooling configuration and noticed that it was totally wrong. I had my main cpu cooler fan pushing air through the liquid cooler radiator, which is perfectly fine. The not so good bit was the fact that this cooling air was being blown into my case and not being directly exhausted out of it!! I wondered why my idle temps were in the 40'C area??
After changing my cooling setup around and returning my system to default settings it now idles at 27.9'C, and after a 4 hour stress test only got to a maximum of 50.6'C. Happy days!